Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

I think its the worse pain you can get. I find bonjela can help with  mouth ulcer :smile:

Yes I use Bonjela which does numb it nicely, but I always seem to get ulcers in the most awkward places, making it difficult to get the Bonjela onto the actual ulcer itself!!

I do like a plate of braised pork belly slices:smile:  Even if I've burnt my both sides of palate with the very hot first slice:ohmy:

Meanwhile, as distraction to keep them from my pork belly slices, Brandy is sharing a kipper with Molly

I do like receiving an electric shaver for xmas, gotta be the first shave I've had without causing a bloodbath! :laugh: 

I do like having a good underwear clear out on Boxing Day after getting new for Xmas! :biggrin:

But the question is what to do with holey socks and boxers that are lacking elastic...  Seems bad to just put them in landfill but can they be put in a textile bin for recycling or is that just for reusable items? :unsure:  

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like receiving an electric shaver for xmas, gotta be the first shave I've had without causing a bloodbath! :laugh: 

I can't say I've ever used a traditional razer, with electric shavers so widely available and cheap there just isn't a reason not to use one, unless you prefer it of course.  My current model is a Philips PQ203 which I've had for over two years and it still works like brand new.  Good to see that Philips can still get some things right!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like having a good underwear clear out on Boxing Day after getting new for Xmas! :biggrin:

But the question is what to do with holey socks and boxers that are lacking elastic...  Seems bad to just put them in landfill but can they be put in a textile bin for recycling or is that just for reusable items? :unsure:  

Not sure I'd want anything that had been recycled from somebody's socks and/or boxers... :shock:

Having returned from the emergency vets, I do like that Brandy hasn't broken a paw or hip:smile:  I also like how efficient they are (admittedly at quite a cost fee wise), there was a triage team of 4 to meet Brandy in the car park

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I re-elasticate baggy boxers with a new strip of elastic, if they're still wearable and not excessively holey

If they are 100% cotton or 100% silk (although I don't buy silk boxers), when they then develop holes at a later period in their life, I remove the nylon labels and buttons and pass them through the shredder, turning them into 6mm x 4mm pieces.  Which are then mixed with the lawn mowings, and added to the compost bin.  

Cotton and wool (and silk, if I bought them) holey socks too, get shredded and added to the compost. whereas synthetic holey socks are taken to the textile recycling bin.

I upgraded my office cross cut shredder, to be able to shred textiles and leather as well as paper and card. 

It might depend on your Council, but here, all textiles regardless of soiling and  damage are welcomed in the textile bin.  Those that can we reused are washed and sent to Oxfam, those that can't are shredded and processed, and go on to become something else.  Sofa stuffing is a popular use for it and well as being incorporated into new textiles in manufacturing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Not sure I'd want anything that had been recycled from somebody's socks and/or boxers... :shock:

Lol, I think they'd be cleaned and probably boiled before reuse tbh! :laugh:

Ghana seems to have it covered though, I don't have a compost bin so will stick them in the textile bin at Tesco unless it specifically says not to. :smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I think they'd be cleaned and probably boiled before reuse tbh! :laugh:

Ghana seems to have it covered though, I don't have a compost bin so will stick them in the textile bin at Tesco unless it specifically says not to. :smile:

You can also convert old damaged underwear into cloths/rags to be used for cleaning round the house :)

• Like 1

I do like buying myself a new pair of shoes for £7 tonight!!  My current Doc Martens have been on their last legs for a while now, and the left shoe lets any water in that you walk over.  I can only imagine it was due to the fact I drive a lot and the clutch pedal increased wear over the right shoe, which had an easy job by comparison.

Obviously at the low price the quality won't be great and I expect to have to repair or replace them in 3-6 months, but even then that is still a good deal.

• Like 1

I do like picking up a free Hoover Crystaljet dishwasher last night!  Having plumbed it in tonight, it appears to work fine, despite being unused for over a year with the previous owner who had no use for it. 

It also gave me an excuse to do a 250 mile round trip in the Focus, which I quite enjoyed!  I didn't realise how boring driving had become with the late-C220, and the Focus' 1.8 petrol engine coupled with 5-speed manual transmission was just what I needed to bring some enjoyment back to driving again.

WP_20161226_20_16_48_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like buying myself a new pair of shoes for £7 tonight!!  My current Doc Martens have been on their last legs for a while now, and the left shoe lets any water in that you walk over.  I can only imagine it was due to the fact I drive a lot and the clutch pedal increased wear over the right shoe, which had an easy job by comparison.

Obviously at the low price the quality won't be great and I expect to have to repair or replace them in 3-6 months, but even then that is still a good deal.

A couple years ago, I got a pair Giasco S3 WR CI work boots for 13% of the actual price (£19.99 instead of £149.99) :biggrin: They were an overstock item from a specific order, that wasn't needed

1 hour ago, GMX said:

A couple years ago, I got a pair Giasco S3 WR CI work boots for 13% of the actual price (£19.99 instead of £149.99) :biggrin: They were an overstock item from a specific order, that wasn't needed

Not bad!! :wink:

I do like through Lenny's melting polystyrene with petrol, to not only get all my non-recycling in the wheelie bin for tomorrow's collection, but i have room to spare:smile:

Taking Brandy with her rear end held supported with a folded towel, for a short round the block walk, gets Brandy all manner of attention from other dog walkers and curious passers by.

Styrofoam and petrol is termed as NAPALM!
Not recommended to make, light or throw in a bin.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Styrofoam and petrol is termed as NAPALM!
Not recommended to make, light or throw in a bin.

Sent from my SM-G930F

:oops:

1 hour ago, Dal. said:

I found one of those too in Woolaston:

9070134.jpg

:yahoo:lol

Drove through a village in Dorset last weekend called Shitterton

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

mate had a cottage called bell end. but drove past recently and new owner has changed it to bell cottage. lol

4 hours ago, iantt said:

mate had a cottage called bell end. but drove past recently and new owner has changed it to bell cottage. lol

Lol, I've been trying to get a selfy outside a new house near me for a while, annoyingly there's always someone there.  It's the last house on Bell Lane, so they've named it Bell End. :laugh:

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Drove through a village in Dorset last weekend called Shitterton

Sent from my SM-G930F

Brandy has actually squatted and poo'd next to this, rather appropriatelyThe_Shitterton_Sign.jpg

They used to have metal signs, but as fast as the council could erect them, somebody would steal them within in hours:laugh:

The villagers of Shitterton clubbed together to buy this massive piece of purbeck stone, as the Council wouldn't fund a theft-proof sign:mellow:

I

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club