Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Coming home I got it to 37 then started to get happy and it dropped to 36.5 so k reckon I can avg 37 which is 3 less than the focus.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

On our trips south to Inverness we get over 50mpg, which is a mixture of a couple of 120 mile A roads driving and usually a couple of days driving around town........in the Qashqai I hasten to add :wink:

1 hour ago, iantt said:

30!!! ouch!

Note - that's when driving like a granny!!  If I really use the 150BHP under the bonnet then it can get as low as 20.

I do like my good luck of getting one of the few remaining "branded" packs of cigarettes. 

WP_20170502_19_34_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.28af32ca59bba2dc6ea54dc84cbd331f.jpg

I also like being completely over my cold/flu virus so I can now enjoy smoking again!! :smoke:

• Like 1

On our trips south to Inverness we get over 50mpg, which is a mixture of a couple of 120 mile A roads driving and usually a couple of days driving around town........in the Qashqai I hasten to add wink.png

50mpg is so overrated

• Like 1

50! i would be gutted if thats all i got from my ecoboost focus.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

50! i would be gutted if thats all i got from my ecoboost focus.

Don't rub it in!!  My V40 gets 55 but that's at a push.

Don't rub it in!!  My V40 gets 55 but that's at a push.

You only live once why worry about mpg. Next car I see S8s going cheap [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

You only live once why worry about mpg. Next car I see S8s going cheap emoji6.pngemoji6.pngemoji6.png

True, but when you are on a relatively low salary you have to consider fuel costs and the impact that has on your life.

• Like 2

True, but when you are on a relatively low salary you have to consider fuel costs and the impact that has on your life.

I agree but depending on your travel and mileage fuel costs become negligible and more maintenance costs become more important.

I do like having a long weekend in Warickshire on my mate's farm.:smile:   Pipper had a go at droving, and managed not to lose any cows:smile:. Some years ago, Brandy's attempts at droving weren't as successful; she always had a few stragglers breaking off and returning to their field. Brandy also didn't like being moo'd at: whereas Pipper was quite indifferent to a loud moo in her face.

On 30/04/2017 at 10:36 PM, iantt said:

or a ford v10 6.8l.petrol. cant believe they use those in motorhomes(r.v) must be 10mpg at the most.

That's not too bad for a 6.8L,

if I drove it like a great granny I didn't get much more than that in my 4L V8 BMW.14mpg i seem to recall was the most economical I got from it.  Mind you the armour plating and bullet proof glazing did add to the weight considerably compared to normal 740's, weighed close to 2 tonnes:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like wakening up at 5AM of my own accord, and feeling quite positive about life today.  Lets see if that lasts!!

• Like 3

I do like wakening up at 5AM of my own accord, and feeling quite positive about life today.  Lets see if that lasts!!

I find the local roads suck the positivity out of my life lol. I just like to sit quietly in my own bubble and get to where I'm going. The other cars on the road can make that difficult sometimes [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I find the local roads suck the positivity out of my life lol. I just like to sit quietly in my own bubble and get to where I'm going. The other cars on the road can make that difficult sometimes emoji853.png

Yes, that's true. 

• Like 1

50mpg is so overrated

Just so you ALL feel better I average 24mpg and on a motorway run 29 just don't ask what I get if I put my foot down

Just so you ALL feel better I average 24mpg and on a motorway run 29 just don't ask what I get if I put my foot down

Lol single figures I bet. What you got? ST ?

I do like the Rover excelling itself and getting 34MPG on the round trip to Edinburgh and back today!!  Not too bad, especially considering I didn't drive slowly either.

• Like 1

Lol single figures I bet. What you got? ST ?

Clue's in my profile picture two letters but not a T

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

Clue's in my profile picture two letters but not a T

Speaking of your car (or previous car rather), doesn't your signature say a Peugeot 405 GTI?  That couldn't be possible as there was never a GTI model of the 405, so what was it?

• Like 1

they did everything except gti, gtx, sri, sti, etc. and the mi6

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Indeed they did, the SRI models were quite popular with the 1.9 petrol, but sadly they are now almost non-existent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

You could put Castrol GTX in to the engine of the SRI then contract an STi in the back seat and possibly get followed by the Mi6 in an undercover GTi

Jusy nicely got back from watching Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

Loved the film!!  Some fantastic one-liners, Dave Bautista as Drax - excellent decision!!

Baby Groot - adorable!! 

Rocket was his usual self...and well...I'll shutup in case I let slip any spoilers!!

"I am Groot"

• Like 1

My mum had a 405 years and years ago, possibly just over 20yrs ago. I am almost positive it was sri but I could be wrong. It had 3 letters on the back, it was silver that what I remember lol. Anyway that's not the point, I was thinking back to it and what I remember most is the little keypad in front of the gearstick. You had to type in the code to get it to start. Long gone now.

I was wondering how I can find out if any of my old cars are still running about, how would I find that out?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club