Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

56 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Only thing I don't like with this new layout is the new notifications when someone messages on a thread. Generally you only used to get notifications when someone quotes you or reacts to your post.

Oh, I've always got notifications when a thread is added to, oh, just rrealised that Tom advised to go into your 'settings' to adjust!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Oh, I've always got notifications when a thread is added to, oh, just rrealised that Tom advised to go into your 'settings' to adjust!

The old system automatically made you 'follow' any thread you posted in.  Needless to say I was getting bombarded with notifications lol.  So I switched it off and it looks like the forum has remembered that setting.  I just get notifications for tags and quotes to keep it manageable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not getting notifications for thread posts...thankfully! :laugh: 

Have a look at your notification settings. 

Lol this is what I'm getting 😂

Screenshot_20201210-144503.png

• Haha 1

What I love is getting out on my cb1300 then once my dt400 is back on the road, I'll be like a kid in a sweetie shop 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, folly66 said:

What I love is getting out on my cb1300 then once my dt400 is back on the road, I'll be like a kid in a sweetie shop 😊

My vfr800 is now sorned for the winter unless we have a nice spell of good weather. Got quite a bit of use this summer/autumn though since buying it. Wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for covid. Money was going on a holiday originally. 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

My vfr800 is now sorned for the winter unless we have a nice spell of good weather. Got quite a bit of use this summer/autumn though since buying it. Wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for covid. Money was going on a holiday originally.

I've not bothered sorning mine yet, just been to busy with the house plus building a garage. The wee dt is over 40 yrs old so it's exempt. Once garage is finished, need to strip the wee dt's engine down and put a new crankshaft on her. Can't beat getting out on the bike. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, folly66 said:

I've not bothered sorning mine yet, just been to busy with the house plus building a garage. The wee dt is over 40 yrs old so it's exempt. Once garage is finished, need to strip the wee dt's engine down and put a new crankshaft on her. Can't beat getting out on the bike. 

I had an rd200 basket case a few years back, rebuilt and was quite a bit of fun riding it. 

Just now, iantt said:

I had an rd200 basket case a few years back, rebuilt and was quite a bit of fun riding it. 

Can't beat the old two strokes 

• Like 1

Is there a way to change the colour of the notification flag? That insipid green is often missed by me whereas the previous red was hard to miss!

664199185_greennotification.jpg.b770277ed98bc3e6631a28bf2b3725dd.jpg

• Like 2

IMG-20201212-WA0004.thumb.jpg.5b666a9fe05774a801d69a34cc4d70a7.jpg

IMG-20201212-WA0003.thumb.jpg.76c122b2d1d82c1bef4147f994c453a1.jpg

IMG-20201212-WA0006.thumb.jpg.0d15fc4ba61d14feb1f49777f800d816.jpg

IMG-20201212-WA0005.thumb.jpg.226b1cba49c6ab41705ba397a797f2eb.jpgIMG-20201212-WA0006.thumb.jpg.0d15fc4ba61d14feb1f49777f800d816.jpg

IMG-20201212-WA0010.thumb.jpg.935d9f1a54eb905302c998a98a255307.jpg

IMG-20201212-WA0002.thumb.jpg.e5ce65706dd1d459007d62e139e20c03.jpg

Just back home from a Christmas tractor run, around fourty tractors in total, I was surprised to see so many almost brand new machines, also surprised to see that some people weren't social distancing; however we were distancing across the road with masks on then straight in to the car parked beside us. 

• Like 2

I just want to go out and drive but can't until 2 weeks now

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I just want to go out and drive but can't until 2 weeks now

Just me or does that Honda driver look like a drunk Johnny Vegas?? 😁

• Haha 2

Fitted a second shelf for 1:64 Scale Hotwheels in our son's room today; some room left for future vehicles 160 spaces in total, 

Bought the shelf units on amazon painted them up to match his mid Sleeper bed, they look good as decoration and prevents him tipping out a box full of cars on to the floor to find a particular model; can easily pick it from a shelf now. 

IMG-20201213-WA0000.thumb.jpg.7cae71050278958682fc8b27576b1701.jpg

IMG-20201213-WA0001.thumb.jpg.ccd799792dfe809086f0a77e2501593d.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Fitted a second shelf for 1:64 Scale Hotwheels in our son's room today; some room left for future vehicles 160 spaces in total, 

Can you adopt me? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Just me or does that Honda driver look like a drunk Johnny Vegas?? 😁

A drunk Johnny Vegas, your such a kind natured fellow; isint Johnny a pure sauce monster like on the full tilt 24/7 

I've never saw the guy sober 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

@zain611GTA Online Cayo Perico heist update is available to download now. 

Thanks nick I just was watching the livestream from Gtaseriesvideos. I'm more interested in the vehicles but the new location and missions look sweet.

• Like 1

I do like being like a Christmas present processing Ninja, 

I also like that amazon and the local post delivery service have really increased there processing speed this week, 

I'm now receiving purchases within three days of dispatch; may sound long but in in the Republic of Ireland, 

Anyway; I bought some wrapping paper sets in Aldi a few weeks ago, I've purchased everything for my wife and kids and dog this Christmas on Amazon; 

Although purchasing in one single transaction; I'm receiving individual packages; however I do like receiving the delivery; unpacking, wrapping and storing followed by disposing of the delivery packaging for recycling all within 30 minutes of recieving delivery,

It's quite fun and there's no evidence left of any delivery atall by the time they get home from school.

Although; it doesn't really feel like Christmas atall, which I'm sort of comfortable with because there's no hype of forcing families together and no discomfort.

• Like 2

I started a free trial of Prime this week.  Wanted to post a couple of things to alternative addresses and amazon is best for that...they offered the trial so thought I might as well give it a go.

Anyway, I didn't realise how addictive Prime would be!  Literally click something at 8pm one day and it arrives the next morning!  This might have been a bad idea! :laugh:

Have already fallen foul of poor weight estimates...some items half as big as I expected...others twice as big! :laugh:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I started a free trial of Prime this week.  Wanted to post a couple of things to alternative addresses and Amazon is best for that...they offered the trial so thought I might as well give it a go.

Anyway, I didn't realise how addictive Prime would be!  Literally click something at 8pm one day and it arrives the next morning!  This might have been a bad idea! :laugh:

Have already fallen foul of poor weight estimates...some items half as big as I expected...others twice as big! :laugh:

amazon is great for delivering to other people's address especially during covid19, can give a gift directly from the supplier, I've sent a few items that way too,

Some great last minute deals to be had there at the moment, saved a fortune on two oralB electric tooth brushes. Also bought some mindfulness and positivity books for teenagers, for my two eldest to assist during lockdown, there not showing any signs of depression but i know it's impacting on there age group alot so just having a few books in the house might help. 

Check out "The Grand Tour" on Prime TV 

New episode out tomorrow too, 

I've been a Prime member for a few years now; I get Saturday deliveries with it; should the parcel be due on that day it still arrives where regular post here is mon-fri

I first signed up to prime around four years ago when I bought my daughter's amazon fire tablets, there Ideal as they have a parental control app and they get loads of free games to download because there registered under my main membership.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Check out "The Grand Tour" on Prime TV 

New episode out tomorrow too, 

I don't have a Smart TV.  Maybe I'll see if amazon can deliver me one in the morning! :laugh:

Seriously though, it is something I'm intending to buy once I've moved! :smile:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't have a Smart TV.  Maybe I'll see if Amazon can deliver me one in the morning! :laugh:

Seriously though, it is something I'm intending to buy once I've moved! :smile:

Watch it on a tablet or phone if you subscribe to prime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Watch it on a tablet or phone if you subscribe to prime.

I can barely read FOC on my phone, bugger watching an hour of TV on it! :laugh:

Never had a tablet.  Could use the laptop but doubt the battery would last the hour, no plug near my chair either.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club