Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Tbf I think it just rains on everyone a lot in the UK... :laugh: 

We had a few family holidays in Lyme Regis fossil picking on the beach in the rain...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf I think it just rains on everyone a lot in the UK... :laugh: 

We had a few family holidays in Lyme Regis fossil picking on the beach in the rain...  

so clive @Stoney871 was there?? oh, not that kind of fossil . 😅😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

so clive [mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention] was there?? oh, not that kind of fossil . [emoji28][emoji28]
So cruel [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Drove down a "stoney lane" on our way to chideock. Looked a bit prehistoric down there. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, iantt said:

Drove down a "stoney lane" on our way to chideock. Looked a bit prehistoric down there. 

I think you've become a bit too liniantt 😋

• Haha 1

Im a little bit late documenting this one; 

Bought a shelf for our son's room on amazon

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVXHPWS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_btf_t1_e2zNFbZCJYX1H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 

It's designed to hold 80 hot wheels cars, will look good on the wall above the foot of his bed; and save him tipping out a box full of toys to find a perticular car,

41qas59YzHL._AC_SY200_.jpg.c0d6a3c099fc8778de1c2dfcdfe457f1.jpg

41Nklb6cTTL._AC_SY400_.jpg.62e89abe94dc756580442464777cb7e1.jpg

I'm currently painting it in a dark grey colour to match the colour of his mid sleeper bunk bed as best possible, 

6861.thumb.jpg.f4618e5b50bfbb2cb282665900b9de24.jpg.dab88ffc7644d018ae031c01ef1df071.jpg

IMG-20201031-WA0003.thumb.jpg.b1cbe0d308405908a8635dd86143b934.jpg

Stock was limited at the local DIY store and were currently restricted to 5km distance from home which I hate as I can't take our dog to the forest for a walk. 

Anyway; first coat applied to the main structure, I'll dismantle the sections tomorrow as I don't want the fumes of paint to upset the dog which sleeps in the kitchen every night. 

• Like 1

Further progress today;

IMG_20201101_064930.thumb.jpg.f15232c0a9178253b463d286d8380064.jpg

I didn't enjoy painting all of the strips while trying to hold it not smudge and prevent any paint runs, 

IMG-20201101-WA0000.thumb.jpg.9e48cc5bcc62b310e4a230a670b86f45.jpg

Left them to dry since 9am this morning, 

IMG-20201101-WA0005.thumb.jpg.4e3642bc2f2b6774f57f9c8c14f138b7.jpg

Pieced it back together there at 15:00 and measured the wall; I fitted four 90 degree brackets with two holes, 

Brackets are screwed to the wall then a small screw goes through the bracket in to the frame of the unit securing top and bottom inside the brackets, 

All the effort painting was well worth it though guys; check this out looks very cosy and functional since he's still only five; well six before Christmas.

The paint colour is a close match to the bed frame too. 

IMG-20201101-WA0010.thumb.jpg.7add42fe796b7d65a9be30e7dc44a394.jpg

IMG-20201101-WA0007.thumb.jpg.48c7437f6b1fe094758750316861b349.jpg

IMG-20201101-WA0008.thumb.jpg.e985ca1cb78a7ca0b23b4b2e3c0acb00.jpg

Since this one has turned out to be a success; I hope to purchase another one soon and fit it four cars higher than this one and around 15cm to the left of this one, 

They look great and saves lifting them up off the floor as he won't be spilling them out now to find a perticular model. 

• Like 3

I do kinda like our son's new car 😎 him and his girlfriend went down to Inverness on Friday for it..... the first time he's driven on the mainland and on dual carriageways etc think his mum was more nervous than him! 😆

IMG_20201101_163505076.jpg

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@BigLen looks good 👍 couldn't you have sprayed it? Might have taken a bit less time? 

Thanks mate, I don't have a dry enclosed place outside of the house to do spraying but it would have been quicker. 

On 11/1/2020 at 4:57 PM, Turvey said:

I do kinda like our son's new car 😎 him and his girlfriend went down to Inverness on Friday for it..... the first time he's driven on the mainland and on dual carriageways etc think his mum was more nervous than him! 😆

IMG_20201101_163505076.jpg

Looking good 👍. 2 months ago it was the first time I went on the motorway on a long trip myself to get the wheels I have now. Actually got bored and was blasting my music 😂. Found it easier than driving in London.

• Like 1

supprised how quiet the motorways are. the m5 yesterday was nice to drive on for a change. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

supprised how quiet the motorways are. the m5 yesterday was nice to drive on for a change. 

What top speed did you reach 😁?

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

What top speed did you reach 😁?

the legal limit of course. 😇😇🤣🤣

• Like 3

Got a call from Curry's yesterday confirming my PS5 pre-order and also to say that due to the lockdown starting tomorrow, they will only be allowed to do click and collect. 
I've got to go to the store before 8pm today to pay for them so that on release day I can just drive up and collect the items. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

once or twice :tomcat:

was it the M4 or M5 had this song written about it?

• Like 1

only 1 other car past me from bridgewater to tewkesbury. ( and no i  wasnt swerving across all 3 lanes....... only 2. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

How are the roads near you so quiet?  They're still rammed round here... :sad: 

• Like 1

I love how good the ST-Line looks when clean! Looked like a rally car after yesterdays excursions round Leicestershires muddy backroads, but back to its Chrome Blue best now 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Very wise Ian. Just made a trip up the Dales and back to shut up our caravan pre-lockdown (our planned break at the coast being cancelled 😠) and the local safety camera squad were out in force to catch anyone hurrying home!

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I love how good the ST-Line looks when clean! Looked like a rally car after yesterdays excursions round Leicestershires muddy backroads, but back to its Chrome Blue best now 😁

Mine's very much in rally car mode at present after the trip mentioned above!😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Very wise Ian. Just made a trip up the Dales and back to shut up our caravan pre-lockdown (our planned break at the coast being cancelled 😠) and the local safety camera squad were out in force to catch anyone hurrying home!

Mine's very much in rally car mode at present after the trip mentioned above!😃

They do make good B road bashers!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

They do make good B road bashers!

Yes, despite the camera vans and my speed limiter (the Mrs😃) I quite enjoyed our drive back down the Dales today in lovely sunshine. Unlike the drive up yesterday when we had to turn round and divert twice due to flooding!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club