Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

So not that long left before 2021 is here. Anyone have any new years resolutions? I think for me I hope I start my career and hopefully start working towards my goals.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 6:13 PM, zain611 said:

So not that long left before 2021 is here. Anyone have any new years resolutions? I think for me I hope I start my career and hopefully start working towards my goals.

I'm going to spend more time with the family.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigLen said:

I'm going to work less than the past four years; and spend more time with my kids,

I've been working six days per week for the past four years aswell as creating projects in my own time but have received nothing more than the guys whom arrive in to work last minute and depart on the first minute;

So my time may be appreciated more at home than in work; so next year I'm going to be working less overtime; and spending more time with the family. 

If I take any positives from 2020 it’s made a lot of people re-evaluate their lifestyle and the things that mean something too them

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

So not that long left before 2021 is here. Anyone have any new years resolutions?

I'd love to arrange a vaccine for my 83 year old mum, followed by one for me LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm also going to continue to search Tesco on a weekly basis for the right Hotwheels vehicles 

Bought the shelves on amazon link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVXHPWS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title 

There coming together nicely; and I don't miss standing on them during the night 😅

IMG-20201231-WA0007.thumb.jpg.b7757e81f9ff2a7e19a0db95460a5499.jpg

IMG-20201231-WA0006.thumb.jpg.59fa57406631c2c13f25930c4ed9b833.jpg

• Like 1

Would have been cool if that re-entered the UK charts in time for tonight.

• Like 1

Screenshot_20210101-180535.thumb.jpeg.f702face5a23f94adec227c180fbb19b.jpeg

I do like playing Lego Jurassic Park with our six year old son, also like keeping track of the pay time on the Nintendo switch app on my phone, 

Alot of hours there but I'm playing it along with him. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

Things I like:

This forum,🙂

The forums residents,😀

Other people’s posts,😃

The forums information,😄

haha😆

Forums in general.😙

Ford.🤗

My Fiesta.🤩

Everything positive.👍

Anything/person that’s funny.😉

I like likeable things.🤔

I like the things I like.😏

you freak!!!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

“FiestaForever Googles Kimi Räikkönen”

heres kimi in the WRC phoning a Taxi 

Lotus-Fahrer-Kimi-Raeikkoenen-wurde-in-der-Rallye-WM-von-Red-Bull-gesponsert-474x316-76018b8d8148c3e2.jpg.6821b975e94b8b839ad4e625c715b5d3.jpg

raikkonen-rules-out-f1-return-in-2011-25810_1.thumb.jpg.eeb88d0bfa1424d61339dda2e93fb156.jpg

Kimi in the Formula1 

OIP.thumb.jpg.558233e7eeda88b239a7026f3c291170.jpg

Kimi on an interview with Alpha 

Kimi-7.thumb.jpg.e7e2804a6e45f7cf9331a4cf4de14099.jpg

the guy always has the shades on and i believe is a bit of a sauce monster when off the track. 

great rally driver though and now F1 for Alpha 

• Like 2

I like

• payday
  • driving
  • beer
  • video games
  • watching tv series
  • basketball
  • dogs
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rogeliobowers said:

I like

• payday
  • driving
  • beer
  • video games
  • watching tv series
  • basketball
  • dogs

Is it in that order how you like to do them after pay day😀

• Haha 2

So yesterday went to a few estate agents looking for a job in sales to help build up my CV so it looks appealing for the mortgage career I want to get into. Hopefully will be doing the first exam this week for the qualification I need to get into that career. 

Thankfully one place said they can take me on calling different places to discuss stuff so I get some financial sales experience. Today they just called and seems like Im starting it next week 😁. It's unpaid but after a month they might take me on and employ me. Mum wasn't really happy with it as it's not in the science career I studied in but then with stupid covid that side there's hardly any trainee roles coming up plus this field in finance I feel id be better off in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

So yesterday went to a few estate agents looking for a job in sales to help build up my CV so it looks appealing for the mortgage career I want to get into. Hopefully will be doing the first exam this week for the qualification I need to get into that career. 

Thankfully one place said they can take me on calling different places to discuss stuff so I get some financial sales experience. Today they just called and seems like Im starting it next week 😁. It's unpaid but after a month they might take me on and employ me. Mum wasn't really happy with it as it's not in the science career I studied in but then with stupid covid that side there's hardly any trainee roles coming up plus this field in finance I feel id be better off in.

Hope it goes well for you mate, at least 80% of people will need to diversify in occupation to survive the pandemic,

You will get to meet various types of people with different occupations and contacts where you will gain key opportunity to progress from there.

if you lived local I could have gotten you in to the manufacturing sector, things are beginning to ramp up in certain departments. 

• Like 1

I like that we are still busy at work despite the lockdowns and garage showrooms closed to the public etc. Just hope it keeps like this until march registration time when we get extra busy again. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Hope it goes well for you mate, at least 80% of people will need to diversify in occupation to survive the pandemic,

You will get to meet various types of people with different occupations and contacts where you will gain key opportunity to progress from there.

if you lived local I could have gotten you in to the manufacturing sector, things are beginning to ramp up in certain departments. 

Honestly I hope things die down especially with the incident in London with covid. Most of these places the staff are working remotely so it's just going to be me and two gentlemen in the branch doing our work. With the trainee mortgage advisor jobs some like their applications to of have financial sales experience so hopefully this opportunity I got will give me that plus the CeMAP qualification I'm currently doing I think I'm ready to do the first exam this week. Really hope I pass it as it's £150 to retake it. The first exam is the hardest so the two remaining ones after will be easier 😁. Some vacancies require that people have at least passed the first exam.

Yeah I can believe that in your place especially with vaccines getting roles out. The main thing I want with a job Lenny is that I know there is a career ladder there and that it isn't near impossible to work your way up and that the salary isn't bad. Certain jobs like covid track and trace is good but no progression after that. With the scientist career I previously was thinking of there is hardly any trainee roles coming out so that is taking a risk. I could start out as a medical laboratory assistant earning less than £20 but with the way things are going I don't know how long it'll take me to find a trainee scientist role. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I like that we are still busy at work despite the lockdowns and garage showrooms closed to the public etc. Just hope it keeps like this until march registration time when we get extra busy again. 

My estimated delivery date in Feb 26th but have been assigned a 70 plate.  The car hasn't even been built yet, so how can they assign the plate?  Can they pre-reg before cars are built?  If it genuinely is Feb 26th then I'd rather wait 2 days for a new plate, will hold more value...

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

My estimated delivery date in Feb 26th but have been assigned a 70 plate.  The car hasn't even been built yet, so how can they assign the plate?  Can they pre-reg before cars are built?  If it genuinely is Feb 26th then I'd rather wait 2 days for a new plate, will hold more value...

No idea on assigning a plate, probably just in a spreadsheet with batches allocated to a particular dealer. 

Dealers can be quite off if you don't have vehicle as soon as it's ready. Delaying into the next month can affect targets for the month it's originally supposed to registered. 

I would ask them now to confirm march delivery if the car is that near the end of month. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iantt said:

No idea on assigning a plate, probably just in a spreadsheet with batches allocated to a particular dealer. 

Dealers can be quite off if you don't have vehicle as soon as it's ready. Delaying into the next month can affect targets for the month it's originally supposed to registered. 

I would ask them now to confirm march delivery if the car is that near the end of month. 

Any idea how soon I'd get a more realistic delivery date?  As I say it hasn't even been built yet, I was expecting it around mid Feb which would be fine.  It doesn't show up on ETIS yet either, do they show up as soon as they've been built or not until they've been registered?

got a ford in today for its first mot. only done 200miles !!

• Like 1