Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like our next door neighbour dropping off one of her delicious homemade gingerbreads yesterday 😋

I take her garden rubbish to the tip for her and put her bins out every Tuesday, she also gets our local paper after we've finished with it, so I think she feels obliged to repay us somehow..... I'm not complaining! It's delicious with a wee bit of butter on it.

IMG_20210921_185238377.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like our next door neighbour dropping off one of her delicious homemade gingerbreads yesterday 😋

I take her garden rubbish to the tip for her and put her bins out every Tuesday, she also gets our local paper after we've finished with it, so I think she feels obliged to repay us somehow..... I'm not complaining! It's delicious with a wee bit of butter on it.

IMG_20210921_185238377.jpg

really nice to see this type of friendship has survived through the pandemic, and fair play to you for keeping it going. the ginger bread looks lovely 

• Like 3

@BigLen she's a fine old(er) woman, on our moving in day she came around to introduce herself saying if we ever needed anything, cup of sugar kinda thing, to just ask. 

At the height of the pandemic we would get things from the supermarket for her and she would stick an envelope with money in it through the letterbox later. 

I've also gone and jump-started her car for her outside Tesco one day when she was picking up her grandson 😀

Like I've said before, if you can't be good to your neighbours at any time, let alone what we've all been going through recently, there's not much hope for us. 

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. 

• Like 4

Isn't gingerbread thin and flat?  And generally shaped like a person...  I'm sure that's a malt loaf! :biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Isn't gingerbread thin and flat?  And generally shaped like a person...  I'm sure that's a malt loaf! :biggrin:

It is indeed Tom, made all the more famous by being a technical challenge on last night's GBBO LOL and if you can't bake, this is a fair substitute!

IMG_20210922_121857.thumb.jpg.d968573809f3209d1003398d1650b453.jpg

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The thin, flat ones never crossed my mind! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gingerbread

So it's quite a broad range....... apparently 😀

Screenshot_20210922-201737.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

You see, that's why I watch GBBO rather than participate in it LOL

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You see, that's why I watch GBBO rather than participate in it LOL

I agreed with the judges last night, that 'anti-gravity' cake of the loser was quite pathetic! 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

We have all heard the story of the gingerbread man whom got away; 

Well that's the gingerbread man's American cousin whom let himself go 😂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

The thin, flat ones never crossed my mind! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gingerbread

Screenshot_20210922-201737.png

I've honestly never seen a gingerbread loaf... 😮  I wonder if it's a regional thing?

I did make the mistake of buying a Jamaica Ginger Cake from Tesco when they were on offer once...initially tasted ok, then a few seconds later my throat was on fire!! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where do these sellers on car boot sales get the stuff from that's so cheap,there all new and sealed and in job lots.

I got me 3 phones holders for the house, steel ones for a £1 each,£15 on eBay.

Also some tws i12 earbuds for £2 and work A1,like 20 boxes all mixed stuff and a good 6 sellers do the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Where do these sellers on car boot sales get the stuff from that's so cheap,there all new and sealed and in job lots.

I got me 3 phones holders for the house, steel ones for a £1 each,£15 on ebay.

Also some tws i12 earbuds for £2 and work A1,like 20 boxes all mixed stuff and a good 6 sellers do the same.

Damaged stock or stock that isnt quite labelled up right.

Last year we bought 15x 12kg bags of Royal canin dog food as it only had half a barcode on the sack. Normally retails at around £45 each. We paid £150 for the lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Last year we bought 15x 12kg bags of Royal canin dog food as it only had half a barcode on the sack. Normally retails at around £45 each. We paid £150 for the lot. 

That's alot wino. Or winalot. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5

I like making Christmas puddings when it’s dark and raining outside 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wino said:

Just a small mistake, they sell them next to nothing.

I think you might need trolley if the dog eats all that quick.

2 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I think you might need trolley if the dog eats all that quick.

That'll be his Christmas dinner if the food & fuel shortages continue! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That'll be his Christmas dinner if the food & fuel shortages continue! :laugh: 

Lol. Were actually down to the last bag this week. So will be on the look out for some more pretty soon.

3 hours ago, williamweb said:

I like making Christmas puddings when it’s dark and raining outside 👍

weirdo! i tend to use the kitchen with the light on to do mine

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

weirdo! i tend to use the kitchen with the light on to do mine

I like the light on as well😀

• Haha 1

Just started a free 30 day Prime trial as I needed the item delivered asap...  Any new series' worth watching on Prime while I've got it?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just started a free 30 day Prime trial as I needed the item delivered asap...  Any new series' worth watching on Prime while I've got it?  

Keep an eye out for they popular films which might pop up. 

James may made a cooking series which I found interesting along with their grand tour series

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Keep an eye out for they popular films which might pop up. 

James may made a cooking series which I found interesting along with their grand tour series

I was hoping No Time To Die would be streamed somewhere but looks like I'll have to wait until that comes onto normal TV in a year or so lol.

Last series I watched was Clarksons Farm so I'll give James Mays program a go. :smile:

• Like 1

ive just booked 2 weeks off work next june just incase we can go abroad on hol next year. i checked afterwards  for hols and noticed cheapest was to go 6th june. . mm i wondered if schools went back that day. on checking i noticed they did but also found out we get an extra bank holiday added to thr whitsun bank holiday. platinum aniversay bh. result!! didnt know anything about that . so i get 2 weeks and 2 days not being at work😀😀

anyone else know about this extra one? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club