Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

54 minutes ago, iantt said:

I do like Xmas dinner, Xmas day, boxing day, yesterday and tonight. Run out of leftovers now. 

I was glad to eat some turkey for a change 😜

• Like 1

Like that we still have two homemade Christmas puddings 👍

I like pointing out obvious spelling mistakes on local paper Facebook pages 😄

Original post taken down and replaced with the correct spelling! 🙄😀

Screenshot_20211231-130720.png

30 minutes ago, Wino said:

Wireless camera set up and running at long last 👍pp_20220101113642.thumb.jpg.32ce7420867cf339a4fb33f368f59be4.jpg

28 minutes ago, Wino said:

Wireless camera set up and running at long last 👍pp_20220101113642.thumb.jpg.32ce7420867cf339a4fb33f368f59be4.jpg

You could have wiped the Big grey blob of bird ***** off the lens first......😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Although I understand the benefits of security cameras, l hate we are turning into a  big brother surveillance society like China😠

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Although I understand the benefits of security cameras, l hate we are turning into a  big brother surveillance society like China😠

Now China mandate you wear masks in public, and you have to show a phone app to gain entry to places, and you... oh, I see what you mean! 😂

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Although I understand the benefits of security cameras, 

I did like the story of the Tesla on-board cameras catching the woman doing criminal damage, though:

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/tesla-sentry-mode-catches-uk-woman-keying-model-3-video-used-as-evidence-in-precedent-case/

Almost as good as the other recent story about 500,000 Teslas being recalled for safety reasons, ironically related to issues with the rear view cameras.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I did like the story of the Tesla on-board cameras catching the woman doing criminal damage, though:

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/tesla-sentry-mode-catches-uk-woman-keying-model-3-video-used-as-evidence-in-precedent-case/

Almost as good as the other recent story about 500,000 Teslas being recalled for safety reasons, ironically related to issues with the rear view cameras.

And bonnets opening while driving apparently

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

And bonnets opening while driving apparently

That's bad, the engine may fly out!! Oh... wait a minute... 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

That's bad, the engine may fly out!! Oh... wait a minute... 😂

On auto pilot about the same as bonnet open? 

On 1/1/2022 at 3:04 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

That woman needs to be teached a great lesson...someone has to teach her and make her comprehend that private property, even when that is called a car or a house or an object in generall, is not alllowed to be harmed or violated by anyone in this whole world... It is PRIVATE PROPERTY!!! She is a such so jealous woman with unexplained complexes...Hypothetically speaking, what if she was not able to have kids at all? Would she harm the other people's kids in general? Dangerous people living among us...

I am so angry with her...😡

• Like 1

I like that i just had an offer sent to me by email from Emerald struts for my mk7, i save £15 and free post,just ordered some as mine are dead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I like that i just had an offer for the Emerald struts for my mk7 so i save £15 and free post,just ordered some as mine are dead.

Now, do you mean, you 'made an offer' and it was accepted? Otherwise, your post is very confusing LOL 🤣

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Now, do you mean, you 'made an offer' and it was accepted? Otherwise, your post is very confusing LOL 🤣

Strut what da F...

14 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

It'll cost more than £15 to return them, tracked or signed for. 😉

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

It'll cost more than £15 to return them, tracked or signed for. 😉

Now, it's your turn to be confusing LOL If he is 'buying' them, if they are faulty, or not as described, the seller pays for the return 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Now, it's your turn to be confusing LOL If he is 'buying' them, if they are faulty, or not as described, the seller pays for the return 😁

I think you will find that they won't accept returns unless you purchase via paypal and even then they use every trick available to avoid contact despite the product being defective in the first place and they still refuse to pay your return postage regardless.

Just now, Wino said:

I think you will find that they won't accept returns unless you purchase via paypal and even then they use every trick available to avoid contact despite the product being defective in the first place.

The only option that eBay offer is PayPal. I'm assuming it's an eBay sale as Emerald in their listings have a, 'make an offer' option. Never had an issue completing a return should item be faulty or not as described... (Been on eBay for almost 20 years now)

13 hours ago, StephenFord said:

The only option that Ebay offer is PayPal. I'm assuming it's an Ebay sale as Emerald in their listings have a, 'make an offer' option. Never had an issue completing a return should item be faulty or not as described... (Been on Ebay for almost 20 years now)

eBay have their own payment system now and seem to try and force it on you each time.  I doubt that's different for NI but might be?  Tbf, it's better for online banking as it goes through immediately, unlike PayPal that doesn't come out for a few days. 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ebay have their own payment system now and seem to try and force it on you each time.  I doubt that's different for NI but might be?  Tbf, it's better for online banking as it goes through immediately, unlike PayPal that doesn't come out for a few days. 

In addition, when you sell something, via PayPal you use to get payment through instantaneously, now, eBay make you wait till the next day to get your money, and you have to ship it off via a 'confirmation of payment' message from eBay - I like seeing the money 1st, but eBay is just too big now to complain about LOL

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

In addition, when you sell something, via PayPal you use to get payment through instantaneously, now, Ebay make you wait till the next day to get your money, and you have to ship it off via a 'confirmation of payment' message from Ebay - I like seeing the money 1st, but Ebay is just too big now to complain about LOL

Yep.  Cash on collection is a pain for the seller now as well.  The buyer gets a code that the seller has to scan (or manually input) before the money is released.

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep.  Cash on collection is a pain for the seller now as well.  The buyer gets a code that the seller has to scan (or manually input) before the money is released.

I've been on eBay for over 20 years now, I'm so old, that I remember you use to have an 'option' to pay for an item by cheque! LOL

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club