Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

Could it be Daytona Yellow ?

They need to get it MOT'd again 馃ぃMOT.thumb.JPG.eeec092ee8084a46c4fa24367478af18.JPG

That's sad that they got a free 拢100k restoration, and can't even keep it MOTd!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, StephenFord said:

That's sad that they got a free 拢100k restoration, and can't even keep it MOTd!

Tbf, it's probably a 'summer car', garaged in the winter, so no need to MOT it until spring when show season starts.

• Like 1

New exciting options and accessories for your Ford (1965) available at extra cost.

• Wing Mirrors
  • Reversing Lights
  • Wheel Trims
  • Fog Lights or Spot Lights
  • Locking Petrol Cap
  • Front Seat Headrests
  • Bumper Overriders
  • A Cigar Lighter (one only)
  • Dipping Rear View Mirror
  • Boot Lid Luggage Rack

1965 Corsair.JPG

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

New exciting options and accessories for your Ford (1965) available at extra cost.

That's all well & good, but I can't see where you plug the car in??聽:biggrin:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

but I can't see where you plug the car in

The Corsair was very clever, the filler was hidden by the rear number plate that was on a hinge. It would be ideal for a nice big socket if they ever made them electric.

Back in 1970 my Dad used to have a 1966 Corsair 1600 V4 Delux (no wing mirrors) the average MPG was 16 to 18 and it once nearly made 20 on a trip to London. We loved that car and had it for many years. I even fitted a little MW/LW mono radio to it when I was only eleven years old. It didn't seem odd at the time that my Dad would just trust me to get on with fitting it on my own. I can't see many Dad's these days allowing their eleven year old son to start pulling the dashboard to bits and fitting a radio.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

I even fitted a little MW/LW mono radio to it when I was only eleven years old. It didn't seem odd at the time that my Dad would just trust me to get on with fitting it on my own. I can't see many Dad's these days allowing their eleven year old son to start pulling the dashboard to bits and fitting a radio.

Bet you were allowed to play in the street too without adult supervision! LOL (I actually knew about the number plate hinge, think I may have seen it in a restoration show once) There's a vintage american car too where you use to swivel one of the rear fin taillights to reveal the petrol filler. You don't get that kind of thinking any more!聽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

The Corsair was very clever, the filler was hidden by the rear number plate that was on a hinge. It would be ideal for a nice big socket if they ever made them electric.

When I was growing up mum bought a Simca secondhand, we spent ages at the petrol station the first time she filled it up trying to find the filler cap that was hidden behind the rear number plate 馃檮馃槂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wino said:

A bit of overnight snow .....

Oh, me too LOL

439346246_snow100323.thumb.jpg.0886ceb94b40ebdf734782fb8cf12fba.jpg

• Like 2

Not here馃槶 no settled much at all. Even the dogs not impressed. But it feels cold outside.聽

16784373686667066219541290476079.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, iantt said:

Not here馃槶 no settled much at all. Even the dogs not impressed. But it feels cold outside.聽

16784373686667066219541290476079.jpg

We are hoping that there's no snow on the East coast as we are supposed to be having a week away in a lodge with hot tub from Monday 馃槼

49 minutes ago, Wino said:

We are hoping that there's no snow on the East coast as we are supposed to be having a week away in a lodge with hot tub from Monday 馃槼

Plenty of snow falling in East Anglia over the last few days.聽 (Still coming down as I type).聽 Hasn't settled though.聽 I think there's still quite a bit of residual heat in the ground from the milder weather & regular sunshine here over the last few weeks.

I have a tall conifer relatively close to house, normally no issues, but the weight of snow on the branches made them lean over that much they touched it. So, a few enjoyable moments out with a chain saw...

branches.thumb.jpg.7b09cad6762aa2182825e413edec1224.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have a tall conifer relatively close to house, normally no issues, but the weight of snow on the branches made them lean over that much they touched it. So, a few enjoyable moments out with a chain saw...

branches.thumb.jpg.7b09cad6762aa2182825e413edec1224.jpg

I've spent the last hour in the garden clearing the snow from all the plants due to the weight of it. Also cleared the gutters on the Summerhouse and shed along with the lower guttering around the house along the garage and front porch.

3 hours ago, Wino said:

Just had our hot tub serviced this morning. Can't beat a steamy hot tub dip while it snows . It's just the getting out I'm not keen on. 馃ザ馃ザ

• Haha 2

the scandi's love a hot dip in the snow and ice.

Us Brits don't. The 1200 litres of fresh water was a chilly 6c so may be a while before I go in.聽

• Haha 1

Sorry but this did make me laugh. You don't need to speed to have a crash.聽

And before @StephenFord聽says it. That's why you shouldn't have an electric car馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

...and to think it is legal for a 14 year old to drive one of those in France 馃ぃ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

France say no more

Qui Qui 馃憤

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 3:51 PM, iantt said:

Us Brits don't. The 1200 litres of fresh water was a chilly 6c so may be a while before I go in.聽

Weve just arrived at our Lodge with hot tub and its saying 16c so not be in it later tonight 馃檨

• Sad 1

Reset the 2nd tripometer before we set off today and a nice steady run on mainly A and B roads with a bit of "sport mode" selected on the twist and turns 馃槈 and with a full boot and two luggage holdalls on the back seat was surprised at the return....

20230313_163606.thumb.jpg.4bfdc59a9dabf74e369ea71593c03f75.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club