Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NSF Rattle

Jason_Stark

Hello all,

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but I've still never been able to dig up any information that has resulted in my issue being solved.

I have a rattle coming from the passenger side of my car, particularly when going over bumps. The sound is best described as a loose flimsy plastic noise. Almost as though there is something loose that is rattling against something else. The noise sometimes occurs when changing gears, but this is only due to the thud when the gear links up. The transmission has been checked and there are no faults with it whatsoever. I have even changed the fluid in the gearbox in the last 500 miles. I have been hunting the source of this rattle for months now and feel as if I have stripped, checked, tightened and cushioned anything that could be causing this sound. It has become a phantom noise with no apparent source.

The list of items I have ruled out in the interior during my search are: all components in the passenger door card; loose cables in the fuse box area behind the glove box; loose cables under the fuse box in the passenger foot well; the small plastic vent on the side of the dashboard (this has been stuck down and does not move) All cables have been wrapped in felt tape to ensure they are not rattling. Even the symposer hose in the cabin has been cable tied down. All trims from the A pillar back are clipped in securely. 

On the exterior, I have checked: wheel arch liner; battery back panel; NS mirror; my induction kit and the bracket it is seated on; intercooler; underside splash guard; license plate; fog lights; fog light bezels. Any loose hoses in the engine bay have been cable tied tight. 

I ask for help now because I am feeling pretty defeated by this noise, and feel it is overshadowing the whole experience of driving for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club

Forums

News

Membership