Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pearl paint mismatch

Warrior

Hi Guys. Recently purchased a CMax. Full history check, one previous owner. It’s a 61 plate but registered in 12. 54k on the clock, drives like a dream and perfect inside. It’s a pearlescent silver and looks amazing close up. Have a look at the pic.... the bumper and the wheel arch don’t match up. The front passenger side doesn’t match the bumper but the drivers side does, but the back driver side bumper has the same issue. I’ve read pearl is a tough colour to match (I have no clue really on spraying) and that plastic bumpers take colours different and ceramic flakes can make a difference in paint. It is parked right next to a bright red van which doesn’t help. Like I said one previous owner/full history no accidents/repairs etc. I’ve been told this was quite common on these models at the time and found quite a few pics online of 11/12 plates with the same issues. You guys have any more info? Thanks

5FE213C4-B0A3-4DBF-AF84-696506DB19F9.jpeg

62F2162D-612F-4279-8EDD-B38A20A40CA1.jpeg

You're right, the pearlescent paint it a three coat process. It's really difficult to match, the worst is the platinum white on the Mk5 Mondeo apparently. 

The car often leaves the factory with panels that look different to each other, particularly the bumpers. 

The bonnet on the picture looks to be a different colour to the wing which is odd though. 

• Confused 1

The official colour is Dark Micastone

The bonnet matches the drivers wing,drivers door, drivers side passenger door and rear bumper. The passenger wing, passenger door, passenger rear door and boot all match. It’s weird

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club