Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering and loss of power!

Curtino
Ā Share

Hi all, hope your all well!šŸ˜

Im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help with a problem thatā€™s started to occur on my focus this week.

its a 1.5 Ztec TDCi 2016 diesel. IĀ got in December 2019 with full service history,Ā itĀ has been well taken care of and Iā€™ve not had any problems until recently.
I was driving home last week and after about 10 minutes of driving the car started to shake like crazy.Ā I pulled over as quite frankly I s**t myself and thought a tyre had gone.Ā The car was still shaking and juddering even when I had come to a stop so I turned the engine offĀ and sat there for a few minutes beforeĀ starting the car again. It was still shaking,Ā but not as much as before.Ā I also noticed when I accelerated there was barely any power at all and this made the juddering much worse. Anyway I managed to get the car home as I wasnā€™t too far.

so fast forward to today and after a week of this problem not reoccurring I thought the car had just had a ā€œmomentā€. How wrong I wasšŸ˜©. So I was driving home on the motorway from work today when again the same thing happens the car starts to shake violently but this time only for a few seconds as I took my foot off the gas and it stopped shaking. About 5 minutes later after coming off the motorway I was driving up a steep road and the same thing happened again... juddering and loss of power.

ImĀ going to try and take it to a garage local to my work place tomorrow and hopefully itā€™s nothing too expensive.ā˜¹ļø

In the meantime I was wondering if anyone has any idea at all what this could be?

appreciate anyone taking the time to help as this is stressing me out now.

thanks in advance guys!

CurtisĀ 

Ā 

54 minutes ago, Curtino said:

...so fast forward to today and after a week of this problem not reoccurring I thought the car had just had a ā€œmomentā€. How wrong I wasšŸ˜©.

Ā 

Have no idea about the potential fault, but an important lesson learned. Cars never heal themselves... šŸ˜€

I was thinking DMF on it's *****, although you'd probably feel that all the time and have a rough running engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club