Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What wheel nuts for standard steel wheels on 2015 Focus Estate

Francesco4131

Hi,

The wheel nuts on my 2015 Focus Estate 'Style' 1.5 TDCi are looking a bit used and I'm looking to replace them.

My car has standard steel wheels with the plastic cover over it (see attached picture from when the tyre was going flat!). Most of the ones I find online say they are for alloy wheels. I messaged Ford to ask if their wheel nut kit thread size M12 Part No 2375527 would be compatible, but apparently it's not.

Does anyone know what nuts I could buy? I don't particularly fancy paying £££ just to get a Ford dealership replace them.

Thanks!

IMG_4981.JPG

Thanks TomsFocus. For some reason when I put the details of my car on this eBay page I get the following message "This item doesn't fit Ford Focus 2015 MK III [2010-2020] Box/Estate 1.5 EcoBoost Box/Estate 1498ccm 150HP 110KW (Petrol)." (never sure what 'Box' is for).

That's odd since it's supposed to fit the Mk III hatchback steel wheels and I doubt the hatchback and estate have different wheel nuts...

13 hours ago, Francesco4131 said:

Thanks TomsFocus. For some reason when I put the details of my car on this eBay page I get the following message "This item doesn't fit Ford Focus 2015 MK III [2010-2020] Box/Estate 1.5 EcoBoost Box/Estate 1498ccm 150HP 110KW (Petrol)." (never sure what 'Box' is for).

That's odd since it's supposed to fit the Mk III hatchback steel wheels and I doubt the hatchback and estate have different wheel nuts...

Edit - Disregard what I just wrote here if I didn't remove it quick enough! :laugh:   It seems those nuts are the older style despite looking like the newer style.  They changed to a newer style during Mk3 (around 2012) which is why they don't fit the later models.  Just to note, the engine is wrong in your compat check though, that's the petrol 1.5, not the diesel.  Won't make a difference for wheel nuts but may do for other things you buy if you've saved it for future use.

As for box, it just means 'box body', a very literal description of an estate car, it's really only us in the UK that call them estates!

I'll have to do a bit more research into the correct nuts and get back to you.

@JW1982 Do you know which nuts are correct for steel wheels on a Mk3.5?  They're not just the same as the global alloy nuts I assume?

The 5-spoke design steel wheels that are shown at the first post of this topic require the same wheel nuts as the original alloy wheels. On a Focus MK3.5 these are the newer type Global Wheelnuts for alloy wheels.

The regular steel wheels require wheel nuts for steel wheels. On a Focus MK3.5 these are the newer type Global Wheelnuts for steel wheels.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both!
I never thought getting the right wheel nuts without having to sell a kidney to a garage was so difficult for such a common car 😅

@JW1982 if the 5-spoke design steel wheels from the picture at the start of the thread require the same wheel nuts as the original alloy wheels, should it not be these ones?
When I emailed the Ford Customer service team to check compatibility they informed me they were not compatible though 🤔

Febi Bilstein customer service says these are compatible (I sent them the same picture).

5D0mwmC.jpg

The wheel nuts of the design steel wheels of the Focus MK3.5 have Finis number 5114407 / Part number ACPA-1012-DXA. These are the exact same Global wheel nuts that are also used for the alloy Global wheels that are used on 90% of all Ford models since approximately 2013.

• Like 1

Thanks 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club