Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus parking sensors help

Fordfootforward

Hi, 

I’ve just fitted a Towbar to my 2007 Focus, haven’t touched the electric side of it yet, literally just atttached the bar to the car.. put it all back together and now when I put the car in reverse the parking sensors Just make a long constant beep until I take it back out of Gear.

have taken bumper off again, checked plugs for each sensor and when it’s in reverse I can hear them all ticking.. 

any idea what might be wrong? Any help would be great thanks so much 

i have never had parking sensors so don't know much about them, but I am thinking are they detecting the towbar and think it is an obstacle very close by. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Isetta, the sensors are picking up the presence of the tow bar.  Same happened to me, but only when I had the plastic cover on, when I took it off they didn't do that any more so it must have been right on the edge of their "vision".  Maybe yours are placed to pick up more near the centre of the car?  I could suggest drilling new holes further apart  for the middle two sensors but that would leave your bumper looking *****. 

• Thanks 1

I just went out to take a photo - my sensors are in the upper part of the bumper in the black trim, but the tow bar is raised as well because of the height of my 4-wheel trailer, and also has a bike rack fitting (in black in the picture).  So it depends where your sensors are placed relative to the tow bar  projection. Like I say, the sensors just about pick up the towbar but only when the plastic cover is installed, so now I never put it on.

20200702_205443_resized.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to take a photo 🙂 

I’ve managed to get them working again, using a hair dryer I blow warm air into each sensor, plug and the connector which is attached to the o/s/r of the car.. popped it in reverse and wallah! Working like they have always done. 
although they never got wet when I was installing the Towbar the bumper was put outside for maybe half an hour and wondered whether the very fine rain that lasted for 10mins had effected them..

thankfully the Towbar doesn’t effect the sensors which I’m really pleased about 🙂 

thanks again for your help 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club