Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera mystery

liampatrick

Hey,

So all day yesterday when reversing, two new white lines appeared on the screen which moved with the direction of the wheels. These were in addition to the usual coloured bars/guides. Today these new white lines didn't appear again...any idea what's going on there!?

Liam

16 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Is it an OEM camera?

Yeah. It was replaced by Ford under warranty last year as the original broke, but this is the first time these steering lines have appeared...albeit briefly!

Both our St Line X's have factory fitted reversing cameras & sensors and both show the white lines that move when the steering wheel is turned / wheels turned.

Not sure why the lines would go on and off unless something may be faulty.

Sounds like a dodgy connection to the LIN. I would go back to Ford, it's not operating correctly. Did you see the lines before, on your first camera? If not then the fault lies with LIN BUS and not the camera.

5 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Sounds like a dodgy connection to the LIN. I would go back to Ford, it's not operating correctly. Did you see the lines before, on your first camera? If not then the fault lies with LIN BUS and not the camera.

Ahh...no I don’t think that they were present on the original one either. Very strange they appeared for just one day! I have a fault code U0257 - could that be it?

U0257 relates to the FCDIM so it could potentially be a related issue, the reverse camera is linked to it in a 'distant cousin' type of way. It's certainly is be getting Ford to look at it under warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club