Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New vs 2014 Fiesta

fiestalux
聽Share

Hello,

My Fiesta will be 7 at the start of next year and while it still runs well I am thinking of perhaps getting a new one, or looking at other brands. Personally I like the car, it is good for moderate trips but I was recently doing 4-5 hours journeys in Germany. This I found quite a tiring experience, mainly due to road noise etc. So my question, is the new Fiesta better for long trips? Is the noise damping better? Is the steering wheel less prone to small vibrations?

Sadly (or not), where I live the roads are excellent, it's like they are padded with cushions. Hence, getting a real feel for road noise is impossible - as we cannot cross the border when using trade plates 馃檪

I find the Mk 8 Fiesta fine for longer trips, certainly no vibrations through the steering wheel, though on 205/45x17 tyres road noise can be an issue on poor surfaces, particularly those we have here with "surface dressing" - basically loose chippings thrown on wet tarmac.

I can't say I had any problems with long trips in my earlier Fiestas, though - even going back to my first one back in 1980 - but I was younger then, of course!馃榾

14 hours ago, fiestalux said:

Hello,

My Fiesta will be 7 at the start of next year and while it still runs well I am thinking of perhaps getting a new one, or looking at other brands. Personally I like the car, it is good for moderate trips but I was recently doing 4-5 hours journeys in Germany. This I found quite a tiring experience, mainly due to road noise etc. So my question, is the new Fiesta better for long trips? Is the noise damping better? Is the steering wheel less prone to small vibrations?

Sadly (or not), where I live the roads are excellent, it's like they are padded with cushions. Hence, getting a real feel for road noise is impossible - as we cannot cross the border when using trade plates 馃檪

I have just traded in my 2015 zetec for a new st line x and it is amazing how much of a better car it is. Now mine has 18 inch wheels which create a lot of road noise and sports suspension which is very firm and hard compared to my older zetec. However on long journeys it seems to be absolutely fine vibration wise through the steering wheel and the pedals. The ecoboost engine seems to be smoother and a fair bit quieter (I had a 100 before and now I have a 153hp mild hybrid).

if I was you I鈥檇 look at a titanium or a titanium x (no sports suspension so more comfortable and less road noise as they have 16 and 17 inch wheels respectively ), and if you can go for one of the hybrid motors (123hp will be enough)

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Howdo.聽 Did you order the hybrid from factory or did the dealer have one in stock?

• 1 month later...

BJT thanks for you reply. I will give the new Fiesta a try then. My current range of cars, which includes used in some cases is Polo, Fiesta, Mazda 2 and CX-3. The latter I would only buy used as it's too expensive new. I was in a Polo this week and it is a very nice car, certainly more refined than my current Fiesta. I guess as one ages, one needs more refinement 馃檪

I also took a Mazda 2 for a test drive, that was a very nice car and certainly more refined than my current Fiesta, but as with all Mazdas the lack of a turbocharger unit makes it feel unresponsive.

1 hour ago, fiestalux said:

My current range of cars, which includes used in some cases is Polo, Fiesta, Mazda 2 and CX-3.

With a small exception to the CX-3, all the cars you listed are basically shopping trolleys made for small town runs and maybe a couple hours of motorway journey, but certainly not motorway cruisers.

Pretty much every crummy hatchback is loud on the motorway and I think you'd be better with something like a Volvo S90, Mondeo, Golf etc.

In the UK, most people never do journeys longer than like 2-3 hours.聽You can bear that sat in pretty much any old car.

I think the mk 8 is a fantastic car, well equipped and nice to drive.聽聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club