Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

I use a proper metal key cabinet and after checking with a 433MHz RF testing handset I know my keys are protected.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ian318 said:

Hi bob glad you have bought a disklok , have had mine many many years , the price has gone up over the last few years or so  , when i got mine an independant shop did me one for 69 , i worked at halfords at time but they was dearer even with my  discount ! , i think when all this keyless came out on cars people thought oh theres no ignition barrel to put the key in , so makes it hard too steal, years on keyless can be stolen , so its back to mechanical devices! and the companys know people need them so prices go up , 109 is good price especially now we know keyless not as secure as we thought .

Disklok arrived this evening by courier.   Fitted and I now feel fully secure.   I was somewhat surprised at how sturdy and heavy they are.   Don't see how you would be able to drive the car with one fitted.

• Like 4

I have 4 big dogs very good deterrent. lol

So where do you put the disklok when you have removed it not a fan.

My mercedes keyless car will only drive for about 2 mins without keys being detected then it stops and the tracker tells you where the car is (as long as it hasn't been deactivated) which is highly unlikely for opportunity thief. 

IF SOMEONE WANTS YOUR CAR THEY WILL TOW IT OFF EVEN ON THE BACK OF A TRAILER

I got my Disclock 20 odd years ago from the my local police. At that time they were targeting people with old cars (had an old Metro) because of poor security. I think it's the small sized one, but it fits all of my presiding cars I bought. When not in use, I store it in the rear passenger footwell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I got my Disclock 20 odd years ago from the my local police. At that time they were targeting people with old cars (had an old Metro) because of poor security. I think it's the small sized one, but it fits all of my presiding cars I bought. When not in use, I store it in the rear passenger footwell.

It could kill you in an accident it not secured down. Especially if you roll the car!

The mrs future new car has keyless entry. I asked about this and asked if we could not have it fitted.

We were told now that the key fobs have a motion sensor. When the fob is left still in the house etc, the signal is deactivated, no longer transmitting so the car could not be stolen as per current keyless entry cars.

They said there is no need for me to get pouches or tins.

• Like 1

I saw that when I was looking at a new car Martin.   I think, for the sake of a fiver, I'd still use a Faraday pouch though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

The mrs future new car has keyless entry. I asked about this and asked if we could not have it fitted.

We were told now that the key fobs have a motion sensor. When the fob is left still in the house etc, the signal is deactivated, no longer transmitting so the car could not be stolen as per current keyless entry cars.

Does the fob still transmit a signal if you put it in say your pocket or your Mrs puts it in her handbag which both are technically moving ? 

Think id still have the Faraday pouch regardless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

If you have a look on Youtube at this:   

You'll find that tins don't work.

Yeh some tins dont work.!

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

Yeh best stored rear passenger footwell when not in use.

• Like 1

So if the thief doesn't get a signal (normally 2 persons min one next to the car to activate one near your house to boost signal) they break into your house and steal keys in your pouch hopefully without confrontation. Storing keys in the microwave better(unless you forget to take them out before cooking tea then its expensive). 

9 minutes ago, Ian318 said:

Yeh some tins dont work.!

Those are the two pouches we purchased. 

Only use the smaller one of the two and kept the other as a spare in the boot.

The 2nd fob is in the safe out of harms way and yes the safe stops the spare from working too. 

To get my keys they need to get past a deadlocked door, external and internal security cameras, motion sensing alarms inside front & rear doors, a locked key cabinet, two police dogs that would defend me and my property with their lives, oh and an angry 19 stone man with a cabinet of shotguns.
Add to that the cobratrak immobiliser / tracker and a clutch pedal lock and the camera permanently on my parking slot.
If they can get my car away from under all that then best of luck to them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

So if the thief doesn't get a signal (normally 2 persons min one next to the car to activate one near your house to boost signal) they break into your house and steal keys in your pouch hopefully without confrontation. 

Well, they're welcome to try but they should be aware that I'm a very light sleeper, six feet two and 13.5 stone and keep a pick axe handle at the side of the bed.   Furthermore, I had 30 years of fight training as a copper in Nottingham city centre.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Wino said:

Does the fob still transmit a signal if you put it in say your pocket or your Mrs puts it in her handbag which both are technically moving ? 

Think id still have the faraday pouch regardless.

Yes, if the fob is moving i presume it will obviously send a signal. If it is a pocket or handbag again I presume walking away from the car the fob would be out of range within seconds. I also doubt there would be anyone waiting with the right equipment to steal it within seconds of either of us getting out at home or anywhere we decide to park.

I am certain the new technology will work, if not, the car is insured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

I'm not sure if they are. I have seen a video by the vlogger Shmee, who demonstrated a product on his Focus RS, that did disable the fob when not in use. You have to give it a firm double tap in your pocket and it activates. Without it signals could be read and the car opened then driven off.

https://keylessprotector.com/

However, it is quite expensive, so as above a far cheaper way is to buy protective pouches.

30 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I'm not sure if they are. I have seen a video by the vlogger Shmee, who demonstrated a product on his Focus RS, that did disable the fob when not in use. You have to give it a firm double tap in your pocket and it activates. Without it signals could be read and the car opened then driven off.

However, it is quite expensive, so as above a far cheaper way is to buy protective pouches.

7 hours ago, Jim H said:

Do you mean you are not sure if they are motion sensing fobs that deactivate the signal?

All I can say is we were told they deactivate by the dealer plus in the Fiesta Brochure, it states the car comes with "motion sensing keyfobs".

Just arrived to replace the one that was in the stolen car:

DSCN4933.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just arrived to replace the one that was in the stolen car:

DSCN4933.jpg

I have wondered about buying one of them for my car, due to garages overtightening wheel nuts/bolts. I have a non-extensible one at home, but don't keep it in my car. Where did you buy it from?

As i only have a repair kit this is best and safer. Other companies available too.

You will be surprised at how many people are injured/ killed at the road side.

Capture.JPG

3 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

As i only have a repair kit this is best and safer. Other companies available too.

You will be surprised at how many people are injured/ killed at the road side.

Capture.JPG

Tyre goo can only fix small simple punctures on the tread. They can not fix blow-outs, large holes, sidewall damage, rim/wheel leaks/damage, etc. I feel better with a spare wheel in the boot. There are some places I go where there is no phone reception to call out breakdown services.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I have wondered about buying one of them for my car, due to garages overtightening wheel nuts/bolts. I have a non-extensible one at home, but don't keep it in my car. Where did you buy it from?

£6.99 from Amazon:   https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08G8SHGJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When it's extended it makes it pretty easy to undo the wheel nuts.   Close it again to tighten them up.   It lives in the map pocket on the back of the drivers seat.

• Thanks 1

I picked up one of those for £2 at the pub this week.  Bargain!  Guy was selling a sat nav and a Race Red touch up kit too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I picked up one of those for £2 at the pub this week.  Bargain!  Guy was selling a sat nav and a Race Red touch up kit too!

Go back and find him Tom, he should have a good dashcam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club