Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St-line hybrid

Rogue2

On 10/15/2020 at 11:27 AM, Doylie said:

I was looking at one the other day, the stats have got it as the same 0-60 as my 140 with a higher top speed. So interested in  what it drives like.

Hi. Slightly quicker than the 140. Less turbo lag and feels faster on acceleration. I love mine (only had it since Monday 19/10. 

49 minutes ago, David Ridout said:

Hi. Slightly quicker than the 140. Less turbo lag and feels faster on acceleration. I love mine (only had it since Monday 19/10. 

I pick mine up in the next few days. I only test drove it & it is awesome. 

6 hours ago, David Ridout said:

Nice one !!!

I went from a 1.7 puma to this 140 and the turbo lag annoys the hell out of me !  Whats it like out of 1st before the limiter kicks in ???

I was just coming on here to ask if anyone has a 155 bhp St line X. Just been offered one as my finance is coming to an end. 

Got a 140bhp at the moment which has been great.

New finance would be over 4 years rather than 3 and increase of £25 I'm paying now (would be 247 per month). Prices certainly gone up a fair bit... 

So far loving it.  Son has a normal 140 St Line and this is definitely smoother through the gears - not as much Turbo Lag either  - top end on this is slightly quicker as well.

• Like 1

Even on the test drive, the gear change was a lot smoother compared to my Fiesta Zetec & a very noticeable lack of the turbo lag. I am looking forward to picking it up tomorrow afternoon & driving it over the weekend. 

Nice one! The turbo lag is the only thing that annoys me about mine to be fair. Can't fault too much else really. Seems these electric assist's are the way to go.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:53 PM, Matt12341234 said:

I was just coming on here to ask if anyone has a 155 bhp St line X. Just been offered one as my finance is coming to an end. 

Got a 140bhp at the moment which has been great.

New finance would be over 4 years rather than 3 and increase of £25 I'm paying now (would be 247 per month). Prices certainly gone up a fair bit... 

Yeah I e had mine for about a month now it’s great I don’t know how much faster compared to the 140 as I had a 100 before. There is a tad of lag but the the power kicks in especially in third it is great on the motorway and loves higher speeds..... fuel efficiency is a tad questionable though as I’m only getting 43mpg

• Like 1

I picked mine up Friday afternoon & the drive home (only 5 miles) was great but not had a chance yet to take it for a proper drive, but that will change very soon. 

Can't see how adding a battery (adding weight) makes the car accelerate 0.1s faster and makes the car go 11 mile hour faster top end unless some skull dugery has been done like change compression & gearbox ratio again. See it increases insurance from 15e to 17e too not that's an issue. older st-140s are group 19e maybe cuz you got cheap road tax.

18 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Can't see how adding a battery (adding weight) makes the car accelerate 0.1s faster and makes the car go 11 mile hour faster top end unless some skull dugery has been done like change compression & gearbox ratio again. See it increases insurance from 15e to 17e too not that's an issue. older st-140s are group 19e maybe cuz you got cheap road tax.

It's a mild hybrid, an electric motor assists the ICE engine to give more torque and top end.

That sounds as reliable as a Tesla lol

• Haha 1

least it doesn't catch fire like the kuga

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

If you see the size of the battery , it's not exactly adding much weight. 

plus the motor

The motor is part of the alternator and only about 25% larger than the normal alternator. 

• Like 1

so could be a retro fit instead of remap?

1 hour ago, st line x 140 driver said:

so could be a retro fit instead of remap?

Even if were feasible I suspect that all that tech would be a heck of a  lot more expensive than, for example, Superchips Bluefin which claims 162 ps for £399.

• Like 1

very true however you still would need 20k in pocket to get a 155 hybrid currently. I'm not a fan of remaps better to just buy newer car if you can afford it. with a remap a car might be half a car length faster but not worth additional cost on modified vehicle for insurance and warranty purposes.

I think Ford have missed a trick naming these MHEVs instead of ElecoBoosts... :biggrin: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

probably wouldn't comply to existing manufacturing ev rules calling it that

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I think Ford have missed a trick naming these MHEVs instead of ElecoBoosts... :biggrin: 

Or call it " don't kid yourself into thinking your saving the planet-boost." 

• Haha 2

Ok, no point in starting a new topic so will add on to this one if that is ok.

Visited dealer today with regards to changing / renewing the Mrs's car.

As i mentioned previously, she wanted to look at an EcoSport but we have been told by the dealer they are not taking orders for them any longer as they are being phased out.

So the next option was to look at the Puma, purely for a greater ride height.

Had a chat with a sales person at the dealership, who gave us a key to a Puma Mhev 125bhp car to take out for a test drive for a while.

Cut a long story short, the Mrs didn't like it. Ride height was fine for what she wanted but she didn't like the digital display (no more analogue speedometer / rev counter etc), she didn't like the length of the car although the width and cabin was pretty much the same as the Fiesta. The boot was nice with the dual load height but again would be wasted on us.

We returned to the dealer and decided it wasn't for us ..... Sooooo we have ended up ordering another White Fiesta ST Line X 155bhp Mhev (2021 model) with Driver assistance package, price couldn't be sneezed at as they gave us servicing for the duration (1 year check and 2 year service+ private plate transfer) and it was only a few £/month more than what she was paying.

The features it comes with are even more extensive than our existing ST Line X's. B&O as standard, built in charging pad, park assist blah blah blah.

The car with driver assistance pack really is loaded with gadgets along with the Reversing Camera which was a must for her.

Anyway, the car is a factory build and we have been given a delivery date of mid December to Early January.

Looking forward to it arriving now.

Happy days... 😁

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club