Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing Petrols

DanJones877

I have 2009 Ford Fiesta. It does not have a fuel cap, what year did fiestas stop having fuel caps? 

if you can see a flap then its easyfuel as Tom says👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I prefer easy fuel, it means you don't end up having to fight a stubborn fuel cap to fill you car up

• Like 4

Or scratch your paint work removing cap leaving it dangling or even worst forget to put it back(never happened to me though yet😎).

• Haha 1

Most flaps have a slot to hang the cap on...which would work if the plastic strap didn't retain the memory of being twisted by the previous owner and fling it off every time I try to balance it! :rolleyes:  

I know it's a real first world problem but I really do miss the EasyFuel from my Ford days! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I know it's a real first world problem but I really do miss the EasyFuel from my Ford days! 

Lol, yes. I find the conventional locking fuel cap on my wife's car a real pain. Folk bang on about the heated screen but Easyfuel is by far the best thing Ford have come up with imo!😀

• Like 1

Can't say I'm a real fan of the easy fuel thing. Very fiddly to get the nozzle in just right so it doesn't keep cutting out.

I usually have to try about 4 or 5 times until I can find just the right spot for it to allow the fuel to flow.

Was the same on my previous Fiesta too. Seems like an unnecessary complication to the old style fuel cap which I never had any problems with.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Can't say I'm a real fan of the easy fuel thing. Very fiddly to get the nozzle in just right so it doesn't keep cutting out.

I usually have to try about 4 or 5 times until I can find just the right spot for it to allow the fuel to flow.

Was the same on my previous Fiesta too. Seems like an unnecessary complication to the old style fuel cap which I never had any problems with.

Never had a problem myself. Must be all in the wrist action!😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I'm sure you are good at that 🤣

Maybe my Nozzle is too big 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does sound like user error.  I've only ever had one station where I couldn't get it in at all.  Was a BP station...but I left it and drove half a mile to my regular BP station and had no issue at all.  So if you're always using the same pump, maybe try another one!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

I don't know much about easy fuel system as I'm still with mk6 fiesta what i do know is the best thing Ford could come up with is an easy fuel system 2.0, that literally doesn't need any fuel whatsoever, Or, fills the car up by itself, that has fold away robotic limbs to use forecourt pumps with.  I will be highly impressed!!😁

You joke, but this is a very realistic possibility!  You've seen the wireless charging pads for modern smart phones right?  They'd be pretty easy to scale up and fit under a parking space to wirelessly charge electric cars. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You joke, but this is a very realistic possibility!  

Yes, I've seen that as well Tom, also charging cables running along the length of roads so you pick up current as you drive. There's a lot of emergent technology which may well have us laughing at the idea of charging points with cables, and possibly batteries altogether, in just a few years time. I'm in no rush to jump in and be an "early adopter".

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, TomsFocus said:

Most flaps have a slot to hang the cap on...which would work if the plastic strap didn't retain the memory of being twisted by the previous owner and fling it off every time I try to balance it! :rolleyes:  

I was about to suggest running a lighter under the plastic to soften and 'reset it' then remembered... F U E L  C A P..... nope nope nope! 😅

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I think there is no need for wireless charging in cars, a man called Nikola Tesla made a self charging car that drew electric straight from the air, that was at the turn of the 1900's, so why do we not have the same thing but better now?? Oil companies are too fond of the billions they make forcing us to pay pounds at the pump, that's why!

I saw an 1896 petrol/electric hybrid on Chasing Classic Cars this morning!  Armstrong Pheaton I think it was called...amazing!  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club