Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you lock in maximum ear volume on a cordless BT4000 phone?

StephenFord

My elderly mum got a new cordless BT4000 phone, her 1st cordless ever! Now, I have got her to use the basics on it, but one function escapes me. She needs the earpiece at maximum volume, 5, which can be adjusted only 'during' a call. Once the call is over, it reverts to a default '3' volume. Is here a way to lock it in maximum? Just can't find anything in the instructions, have tried a 'long press' to maximum, but it won't lock in! If I'd have known this quirk, wouldn't have got her it in the first place!

777038494_BT4000phoneclean.thumb.jpg.194ed7869b8d243de5ed98590756a3c3.jpg

I don't know how to lock the volume, but it might be better for her to put it onto speakerphone each time and hold it near her ear.

That's what my elderly mother needs to do to hear calls comfortably.

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

I don't know how to lock the volume, but it might be better for her to put it onto speakerphone each time and hold it near her ear.

That's what my elderly mother needs to do to hear calls comfortably.

She already does that, but 'speaker phone' is better at volume 5 too. I'm dismayed that the elderly can't have such a simple solution as to making sure the phone sticks to a chosen volume... (I keep shouting at her to turn the volume up, but its a struggle every call. )

Pardon?

My Nan had the older model of this phone with the volume button on the handset.   She kept turning the volume right down and then complain that people weren't speaking loudly enough...  Maybe enough people complained for them to put in an automatic reset to the centre volume on the new model. :rolleyes:

Though why they wouldn't just default volume to max on an elderly-specific phone I don't know.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club