Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4.5 Titanium X Sport low speed wheel scrubbing/pushing on when on lock?

the_jaffa

Hello all,

I've got a 2011 Titanium X Sport petrol estate fitted with the 19" wheels and Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres and I get a really bad tyre scrub when manoeuvring on full, or almost full, lock. The front wheels judder and push wide like they are understeering. This gets worse this time of year when the roads are colder and wetter but it is there all year round.

Is this just something that comes with the big wheels and low profile tyres or is something likely to be amiss? I had a similar thing in a Clio Cup that I had a while ago and that was rectified when I replaced the dampers but the Mondeo does this even after new dampers all round. Could it be an alignment thing?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

I ran your spec veh for approx 4 years, never a problem like you describe. Always total even tyre wear.

You have a problem, inspect all suspension bushes etc - get a full 4 wheel alignment check

• Like 1

Thank you Trevor.

Bushes etc all seem fine, nothing is showing any wear. The more I've researched it does seem like it is probably replaced to alignment so think that is looking like the first thing to get checked.

Cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club