Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Navigation voice commands Issue

Arismfg

Hi,

I am trying to use navigation voice commands and getting an audio message: - the navigation system is still loading. Please try again later - I have tried search for address, take me home, find airport etc. Everything related to searching on map. Only zoom in and zoom out commands work and get me to the map zoomed in or zoomed out. So it looks it is not the navigation app itself. No, matter how long I waited or how many times I tried. At the same time, navigation app itself works and so does search function. Using latest sync 3.4 version and tried downgrade to next previous one and reinstalled latest. Using Greece map if that matters.

BTW, initially my nav voice commands were not working at all getting me to home screen. After installing nav voices myself, I get the navigation system still loading message.The APIM was bought programmed with everything installed including latest software version and maps.  

Please help.

Thank you

Have you tried a master reset in the “general” menu?

Yes multiple times, no change

Does anyone know the valid EU country codes for sync 3? I mean can you put any country initials you want but do all work for navigation voice commands? Ford does not have support for all countries. Especially, Greece has not support for voice navigation even though search in navigation works. Similar, there is no menu language in greek or greek system voices. And they want to sell.

• 2 months later...

Hi Aris, did you find a fix for this problem? I have also recently bought a new Ford in Greece and I also get the same message like you 'the navigation system is still loading. Please try again later' whenever I try to search for a POI etc etc. All the other features appear to be working normally. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Paros said:

Hi Aris, did you find a fix for this problem? I have also recently bought a new Ford in Greece and I also get the same message like you 'the navigation system is still loading. Please try again later' whenever I try to search for a POI etc etc. All the other features appear to be working normally. Thanks.

Yes, download and install system voices that came from old sync 3.3 and never update system voices again. Blame Ford sync developers for that (do not want to comment more o  them). Use syn3updater to download it and install. Download and Install only system voices that came with sync 3.3. Do not install system apps. And you can update system apps only now on. Automatic updates will update system voices too. So you have to disable automatic updates and install system apps updates manually using syn3updater. System voices still work with latest system apps up to now ( 3.4.20120).

However, finding an address using voice nav (you can search address only through nav itself which is nonsense) in Greece is not and never will be supported (Greece does not even show as a country of selection using voice nav commands and goes directly to Germany) but you can use all other voice commands normally (eg I need fuel, take me home etc). Still useful.

Thank you Aris for your reply. Much appreciated.

You welcome. Please confirm that this works for you too. I was looking for someone with a new greek factory sync 3 car to confirm my findings.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club