Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Saarlouis Factory closed

Andyr55

Very different car but I’ve read lead time for a mustang into uk is currently 24 weeks. 

On 3/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, Anubis said:

Finance all the way, baby!!!! 😝

With Ford offering zero% finance and £1000 off if you use PCP my dealer said I'd be crazy not to go for it.

Got the price down 15% on list after all the Ford deals were factored in so am still happy enough with the price.... just not the delivery time!

Missed your reply last week - not sure how with the amount of time I spend on here! :laugh: 

But yeah I agree, it was by far the best manufacturer finance I could find and the only way I could get what I needed brand new.  Surprised the ex-demo is so much cheaper in that case, but perhaps you've gone for a more easily sellable model...I think they'll struggle to sell many in the spec I've chosen so can't afford to risk losing the sale on it.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:30 PM, Andyr55 said:

Ford have just confirmed to me that factory orders take between 3/5month s to be delivered! 

sad times.

Which Ford?  Ford UK or another salesman?

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Very different car but I’ve read lead time for a mustang into uk is currently 24 weeks. 

At least they have IRS though... :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ford Uk. It I take that with a pinch of salt! 

any news on delivery (tomsfocus)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Ford Uk. It I take that with a pinch of salt! 

any news on delivery (tomsfocus)

No news is good news, right?  Nothing yet...  

Haha I would be happier knowing yours in en route as mine should not be too far behind...

• Like 1

Pestered my dealer again and I’m informed my car is ‘build tomorrow’ 

hopefully shipping towards end of next week. He tells me ford are trying to speed orders through due to delays. 

hurray!! 

• Like 2

Good for you!
I've just created an account here to ask this, but did any of you, who have confirmation of production, order ST or other version with "BLIS" or "Driver Assistance" packs?

I have ordered an ST in November and was told by my dealer that my car will be built in Q3 at earliest 😞

Just wondering if UK has higher priority or something 🙂

24 minutes ago, Lan7 said:

Good for you!
I've just created an account here to ask this, but did any of you, who have confirmation of production, order ST or other version with "BLIS" or "Driver Assistance" packs?

I have ordered an ST in November and was told by my dealer that my car will be built in Q3 at earliest 😞

Just wondering if UK has higher priority or something 🙂

my titanium has BLIS, assistance and convenience packs, b&o sound and privacy glass.

ordered 24 January 

your delay may be ST

BLIS & driver assistance pack are the only things missing from the standard Vignale, so parts may be in short supply for those.  I don't think the UK gets priority on BLIS but with the standard of driving & observations now maybe we should! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Have any of you looked into GAP insurance yet? 

Never had a brand new car before and not really sure which type I'd need (combined RTI?)...also interested to know much others are quoted...

It is not yet confirmed officially but German sources announced that from April there will be several changes regarding the Focus MK4. 

The biggest changes will be that the Vignale trim level will be discontinued and the cilinder deactivation technology will be discontinued.

On other forums there are already messages of Focus Vignale orders that were scheduled to be produced after 01-04-2021 that are cancelled by Ford.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, TomsFocus said:

No news is good news, right?  Nothing yet...  

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have any of you looked into GAP insurance yet? 

Never had a brand new car before and not really sure which type I'd need (combined RTI?)...also interested to know much others are quoted...

Have a look at you ordinary insurance. Mine covers a brand new car replacement if written off in first two years. 

GAP is overpriced, do some comparison if thinking of getting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

It is not yet confirmed officially but German sources announced that from April there will be several changes regarding the Focus MK4. 

The biggest changes will be that the Vignale trim level will be discontinued and the cilinder deactivation technology will be discontinued.

On other forums there are already messages of Focus Vignale orders that were scheduled to be produced after 01-04-2021 that are cancelled by Ford.

I hope they're not the same sources that claimed the extra 5 weeks factory closure... :biggrin: 

I wonder why they're dropping the cylinder deactivation, I thought any emissions reduction would have been welcomed nowadays.  I know a few people have had problems with it so maybe that's why?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Have a look at you ordinary insurance. Mine covers a brand new car replacement if written off in first two years. 

GAP is overpriced, do some comparison if thinking of getting.

Didn't even know that might be included in normal insurance.  

Mine says: We will replace your car with a new one of the same make model and specification if your car is damaged beyond economical repair or stolen and not recovered and you bought your car from new within the past 12 months.

What happens to the remaining finance in that scenario though?  Presumably the finance deal is tied to the reg of the first car.  Can it just be swapped onto the new replacement car?

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Didn't even know that might be included in normal insurance.  

Mine says: We will replace your car with a new one of the same make model and specification if your car is damaged beyond economical repair or stolen and not recovered and you bought your car from new within the past 12 months.

What happens to the remaining finance in that scenario though?  Presumably the finance deal is tied to the reg of the first car.  Can it just be swapped onto the new replacement car?

You would get the new car from the dealer you used for first and I’m sure they would sort the finance switch.

your new car parked on your drive yet? 

• Like 1

Just now, Andyr55 said:

You would get the new car from the dealer you used for first and I’m sure they would sort the finance switch.

your new car parked on your drive yet? 

Hopefully it's that simple then!  Well, hopefully I don't need to claim at all lol.  Also wonder how they'd go about a replacement if the Vignale is being dropped...  Even ticking every option on the Active X wouldn't get up to Vignale spec (multi-link, full leathers, etc).

Still another week or two to go I'm told...  I decided against the courtesy car option in the end and have reinsured mine for now.  Must admit the salesmen is doing everything he can to help me, going above what I'd have expected as well as making sure I'm sorted before my deadline.

We took Gap insurance out but ours wasn't " Brand new" so not covered by our own insurance which we knew from our previous Focus. 

Didn't bother shopping around for it as like you Tom, I needed to get rid of funds ( Tax wise 😮) 😄

• Like 1

How much did it cost?

I've been quoted £120 on comparison site but no idea if that's good or not.  Ford don't offer an online quote but I'm guessing it would be more than that!

Looks like there are a few loopholes within the insurers own 'new for old' policies so I'm still contemplating it at the moment...

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How much did it cost?

I've been quoted £120 on comparison site but no idea if that's good or not.  Ford don't offer an online quote but I'm guessing it would be more than that!

Looks like there are a few loopholes within the insurers own 'new for old' policies so I'm still contemplating it at the moment...

It was more than £120 and covered for the first 3 years of ownership IIRC. It's on the paperwork .....somewhere 🤔

That's the problem with a lot of Gap insurance policies. Part of the reason we took the one out we did. Hopefully there won't be so many holes in the policy as a bag of Hula Hoops if we ever have to claim 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Ford must be about to reveal a whole new range of hybrid and EV . Maybe the end for focus . I’ve been looking at Toyota, they no longer make ICE or mild hybrid, it’s hybrid or EV . Lot more hybrids than EV now but that’ll change. 

On 3/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, JW1982 said:

...the cilinder deactivation technology will be discontinued.

If anyone has sources of cylinder deactivation being discontinued (German sites?), even rumours, please let me know.

I am in Australia and have just pre-ordered a 2021 ST-Line to be built to be delivered in May, but I haven't signed the contract yet...

If it is only a matter of months until they start making Dragon 1.5L engines without cylinder deactivation, I would probably cancel my order and wait.

In principle I've always thought cylinder deactivation was a risky, complicated experimental tech, for fairly obvious reasons. If however cylinder deactivation will not be cancelled until say late 2021 or 2022, I might still go ahead with my current order and hopefully hack the CD in the future (like people have done with third-party add-on Honda modules etc.).

10 hours ago, Zeeb said:

If anyone has sources of cylinder deactivation being discontinued (German sites?), even rumours, please let me know.

I am in Australia and have just pre-ordered a 2021 ST-Line to be built to be delivered in May, but I haven't signed the contract yet...

If it is only a matter of months until they start making Dragon 1.5L engines without cylinder deactivation, I would probably cancel my order and wait.

In principle I've always thought cylinder deactivation was a risky, complicated experimental tech, for fairly obvious reasons. If however cylinder deactivation will not be cancelled until say late 2021 or 2022, I might still go ahead with my current order and hopefully hack the CD in the future (like people have done with third-party add-on Honda modules etc.).

I thought Ford had discontinued the dragon 1.5L engine a few months ago. 🤔 as far as I can tell there’s now only 2 choices  for petrol......1L 125ps or the mild hybrid 1L 155ps. 

31 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I thought Ford had discontinued the dragon 1.5L engine a few months ago. 🤔

They have as far as Europe is concerned, though it's still available in the Fiesta and Puma ST's. No longer built in Europe apparently, hence the increase in price on those 2 models, due to tariffs I be!ieve.

Still available in the Focus to our friends down under though, according to the Ford Australia website.😀

Thanks for your replies. Yes, as of 2021 our Focus range is only 3 variants - the Active, ST-Line and ST. Unfortunately they dropped the wagon/estate and 2 other variants here last year. Our non-ST variants have only ever had the 1.5L 182bhp/134kW Dragon engine. The Puma here only has a 1.0L non-hybrid (no mild hybrid or ST Puma available so far unfortunately), but we do get the Fiesta ST.

(Focus sales in Australia have been very low since the Powershift transmission failures, unlike with you in Europe where I read it's still one of the most popular small cars.)

Our new 2021 ST-Line Focuses seem to have just started arriving in Australia this month. They will now have the multi-link independent rear suspension (I think for the first time here), but not the digital instrument cluster except in New Zealand I think.

Anyway, this news that cylinder deactivation might be dropped soon is bit of a shock to me after I just 'pre-ordered' an ST-Line. I guess it's possible they might also discontinue the 1.5L 182bhp in the Focuses here at the same time...

So this could be my last chance to get one of these more powerful ones in Australia, unless they keep making them (with or without cylinder deactivation). I would prefer one without cylinder deactivation if that becomes an option. I have read posts here about some people having vibration issues with it.

I have searched for more info about the Vignale and cylinder deactivation being cancelled (both in April?) but none of my search terms bring up anything. Can anyone point me to forums or articles where this is mentioned?

Yeah heard about the Vignale . The cylinder deactivation , I’ve had mine 18months I’ve never noticed it deactivating. But the difference in mpg between motorway and urban is so different I’d say it’s working well. 🤷‍♂️

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club