Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Saarlouis Factory closed

Andyr55

well i have been given build date of middle march, estimated delivery middle to end april. 🤔

• Sad 1

Yesterday Ford announced that the Saarlouis Germany factory remains completely closed for at least another 5 Weeks on top of the initial 4 Weeks.

This means that the delay in production of the Focus will increase to 9 Weeks. People who have ordered a new Focus that was scheduled to be produced within the period the factory was closed are facing a delay in delivery of an extra 9 Weeks.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Yesterday Ford announced that the Saarlouis Germany factory remains completely closed for at least another 5 Weeks on top of the initial 4 Weeks.

This means that the delay in production of the Focus will increase to 9 Weeks. People who have ordered a new Focus that was scheduled to be produced within the period the factory was closed are facing a delay in delivery of an extra 9 Weeks.

Thanks Wilco.  I'll definitely have to look for Plan D myself now. :sad: 

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Is there any online confirmation of this as I can't find any?  No point asking my dealer as I won't get a straight answer lol.

It was confirmed by Stuart Rowley (President, Ford Europe) to Automotive News Europe:

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/ford-extends-production-cuts-europe-chip-shortages

You need a subscription to read the article.

Afterwards the same information also showed on several other car websites:

https://www.focusmania.com/productie-ford-focus-wegens-chip-tekort-verlengd-tot-het-tweede-kwartaal/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

It was confirmed by Stuart Rowley (President, Ford Europe) to Automotive News Europe.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/ford-extends-production-cuts-europe-chip-shortages

You need a subscription to read the article.

Ah ok, thanks.  Hopefully it'll appear on a free site soon. :ermm:

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah ok, thanks.  Hopefully it'll appear on a free site soon. :ermm:

posted on the FordAuthority web site.

The Ford Saarlouis Assembly Plant in Germany, where the Ford Focus is produced, has been hit particularly hard and will now remain shut down for an additional five weeks.

my dealer is ##''@@### unless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

posted on the FordAuthority web site.

The Ford Saarlouis Assembly Plant in Germany, where the Ford Focus is produced, has been hit particularly hard and will now remain shut down for an additional five weeks.

my dealer is ##''@@### unless.

Your Googling is obviously better than mine!!  :laugh: 

Link for anyone else - Ford Europe Production Severely Hampered By Global Chip Shortage (fordauthority.com)

Are you going to wait for yours or look for something else?  Seem to remember you were changing as nearing the end of your lease?

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Your Googling is obviously better than mine!!  :laugh: 

Link for anyone else - Ford Europe Production Severely Hampered By Global Chip Shortage (fordauthority.com)

Are you going to wait for yours or look for something else?  Seem to remember you were changing as nearing the end of your lease?

I do have a little leaway August so at the moment I will wait. If my dealer starts talking changing the deal I will reconsider 

• Like 1

Just turn off javascript and you can read the article no probs! 😁

I'm not convinced about this additional 5 weeks shutdown story. I have a build date set and my dealer spoke to Ford last week about it and there was no talk of a new shutdown. Andyr55 also has a build date so seems a little odd to reopen the factory after 5 weeks and then close it again within days... for 5 weeks! 🤔 Maybe the story about the original factory closure is just recirculating?? Only fordauthority.com are running the story.

Hmm, I still don't know why Ford can't just post this information on thier own damn website so there's no confusion. :unsure:

There's plenty of non factory order stock at various sites in Europe and UK . 

19 hours ago, Anubis said:

Just turn off javascript and you can read the article no probs! 😁

I'm not convinced about this additional 5 weeks shutdown story. I have a build date set and my dealer spoke to Ford last week about it and there was no talk of a new shutdown. Andyr55 also has a build date so seems a little odd to reopen the factory after 5 weeks and then close it again within days... for 5 weeks! 🤔 Maybe the story about the original factory closure is just recirculating?? Only fordauthority.com are running the story.

What’s the consensus? True or False? 

Well, Wilco isn't often wrong...  But it seems odd there are no dates published in the articles unlike the last time...  My dealer suggested the factory is still closed and has no build date...  Your dealers suggested it's open and gave a build date...

Given all the evidence available to us...I still have absolutely no idea what to believe. :unsure:

• Confused 1

Ford at its best!!

my dealer is going to checK the system in two weeks to see if it updates with better info 😳

considering they had no idea the factory was closed when I placed my order and have now given a build estimate which as I pointed out would be difficult if the factory was closed!

makes me think they are giving lip service just to keep me happy rather than actually checking what is going on! 

bit like when you negotiate a price and the sales person goes to see the sales manager ( talks about football or the weather for 5 mins) and magically come out with a special just for you deal 😂😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

makes me think they are giving lip service just to keep me happy rather than actually checking what is going on! 

bit like when you negotiate a price and the sales person goes to see the sales manager ( talks about football or the weather for 5 mins) and magically come out with a special just for you deal 😂😂

Lol, I've tried to buy 3 cars from main dealers within the last few months and all I seem to hear is 'I'll have to check with the manager'...  I have wondered if they're allowed to do anything on their own...  I get the impression they're sat there with their hand up waiting to ask for the toilet... :laugh: 

But yes, I wouldn't trust any salesmen tbh, which is why I'd like to find proper online confirmation of factory closures and delays rather than asking them.  I have a strong hatred for bullshit or beating around the bush and like to just cut straight to the point...which is apparently seen as rude and not the 'customer service' that most seem to want. :whistling: 

• Like 3

I will ask tomorrow if my boss knows anymore . The semi conductor issue will continue for the rest of the year according to most financial reporters out there. Seem hardly manufacturers are spared this concern. Not just automotive but all industries that involve these components are struggling .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seem hardly manufacturers are spared this concern. Not just automotive but all industries that involve these components are struggling .

I don't know, I've just managed to get a new oven for the kitchen, it has a bluetooth Interface to the timer system! 🙄.

Why ???

11 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

I don't know, I've just managed to get a new oven for the kitchen, it has a Bluetooth Interface to the timer system! 🙄.

Why ???

In case you're upstairs or outside so can't hear the timer.  Does it have remote start too?  So you can preheat the oven without having to get up 10 minutes beforehand... :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:33 AM, iantt said:

I will ask tomorrow if my boss knows anymore . The semi conductor issue will continue for the rest of the year according to most financial reporters out there. Seem hardly manufacturers are spared this concern. Not just automotive but all industries that involve these components are struggling .

Any updates?

12 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Any updates?

Nope, not yet , the boss wasn't  at our site today. 

I did say under the quote that I don't think the person that wrote the article made the 'update' part very clear. I think they ran the original story and then put the update paragraph above it without a divider line between.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I did say under the quote that I don't think the person that wrote the article made the 'update' part very clear. I think they ran the original story and then put the update paragraph above it without a divider line between.

Nearly as confusing as having two threads on the same topic at the same time lol.

Finally I have some good news!! The Dacia Sande...  No.  My Focus has been updated to 'Body Offline' which I believe means the Shell has been welded together.  Next stage is paint, which usually occurs on the same day, but can't be sure in the current situation.  The factory is definitely open at least! :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club