Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing rubber seal around door frame

Ahar

Hi,
I picked up a 2008 Fusion recently as something with more space to take stuff to the tip - more than my Aygo at least!, and the lack of load lip on the boot helps as well.

Anyway, a section of the rubber strip that runs around the driver's door opening on the car body is damaged and I'm wondering if I'd have to go direct to a Ford dealer to source a new one? I've attached a picture showing the cross section.

Thanks

fusion_rubber_seal.jpg

You could try East Kent trim - https://www.eastkenttrimsupplies.com/

Fusion is a bit new for them, but if you send them the photo they might be able to help.

Fusion is a great load carrier, especially for the tip run and getting elderly parents in with wheelchairs and Zimmer frames.

Grossly underrated car, we have had ours for eight years, apart from servicing and tyres, we have changed a rear wheel bearing, and a doorlock.

• Like 1

Might be worth trying a scrapyard, I need to replace mine and thats where I'll be looking first.

Hi,
Thanks. I put a request in on BreakerYard.com at the weekend but no responses yet.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys. Any traction perhaps on this? I'm looking for a JU2 driver door seal like this as mine is ripped

Maybe worth trying arco in hull city, i used to use this type years ago when building electrical cabinets and this was on the mechanical door frames.