Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this liquid and where from

gibbo1471

They have repaired it they said it was blocked so re cleaned the pipe to the compressor and resealed it not a new compressor so so how it goes 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

A friend of mine has a Mk3.5 1.5 TDCi on a '15 plate and the aircon wasn't getting cold so they took it to their local Ford dealers in Leeds and have been told that the condenser is leaking and have been quoted £503 to change it !!

Is this a common fault on these motors ??

(I am getting a replacement tomorrow for just over £100 and my bro-in-law can fit and gas it for me but says the whole front of the car has to come off to change it ??)

It's a common fault on all Makes, Models, and ages. The A/C system on all cars is hit and miss, some go 10 years and don't even need the gas topped up others start to have small leaks and problems after only a few years. The Focus Mk3.5 is no better or worse than others. The price of £503 from Ford is fair, there is a lot of work involved to replace the condenser,

• Like 1

Cheers unofix...thought it was the usual rip-off scenario from the stealers until bro-in-law mentioned removing the whole front of the car to do it, but he will do it for half the price of Ford 😉

It's 2 hrs labour to do it Inc recharging. Not necessary to remove bumper either if you know the ford way of replacing it. £500 is about the right price , condenser, recharge and the 20%vat the gov take!!! 

• Like 1

Cheers guys 👍

16 hours ago, iantt said:

...and the 20%vat the gov take!!! 

At least they're currently putting it to good use!

Oh... :ermm:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club