Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2005 Engine systems failure and reduced acceleration

Libab

I’m getting an engine systems fault warning that also says reduced acceleration and car does have reduced acceleration. Took it in to garage to get looked at but they couldn’t find anything and cleared codes. The car was fine for a few days and now it’s back. 

car had a new battery 3 months ago. 

You need to tell us what the codes are, we can't help you without them. Reduced acceleration describes most engine faults lol.

Hello,

So, codes are:

U0155 CAN communication to instrument cluster malfunction,

U0001 CAN data bus malfunction

U0001 as above

U0121 CAN communication to ABS/ASR/ESP malfunction

P0500 Vehicle speed sensor: signal improbable Anti-theft device

Car started fine today and ran fine to work. Then when I went to leave work tonight it wouldn't start (not even turn over) but dash lights came on. AA came out and the guy owned an 05 Focus so he went straight to the body control module when I told him about the error messages. He checked it over for water damage but there was none.

Put it back and car then started fine.

He believes it could have been a dodgy connection and may be solved by removing the body control module and putting it back. Alternatively issue is communication fault on abs and instrument cluster. Said it could be really hard to find out exactly what is going on. 

U0155 and U0121 are typical signs of a dry solder joints on the instrument cluster. Dead easy to fix if you own a soldering iron.

I'm surprised the AA guy who owns a mk2 went for the BCM before the instrument cluster tbh.

I can get a soldering iron, will just need to look up how to do it all but I am up for the challenge.

He went for the BCM because he said a common fault with the MK2 is water running down from the screen into the BCM. 

Just search MK2 Focus instrument cluster repair on eBay and send it off. Its a nightmare to get the needles to go back on in the right place.

Shouldn't cost any more than about £70

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club