Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todays issue is the rear wiper has stopped working.

Mollymoodoo

As the title suggests, my rear wiper has stopped working. I had a quick check and the fuse at the back No 33 is fine, I pulled it to make sure it was the correct one as the manual states it should be No 42 under the bonnet but this is non existent on mine. Due to the confusion with the manual being wrong, does any one know where the relay might be for rear wipers, online it points to relay 3 in the rear compartment.

I'm getting twelve volts between wires shown in the picture whether the switch is on, off or intermittent. The middle wire doesn't appear to do anything, but then I'm unsure of what I'm looking for with that.  So it might be the switch, relay or motor as far as my extremely limited knowledge goes.

20210524_192035.thumb.jpg.8b5a93901659f02e1cc80e2c9e649fe8.jpg

It's supposed to be R5 in the engine box.

Screenshot_20210524-205400.thumb.png.bbf78811f1a366fb05212f1a3f990b6e.png

Just hope it's not this.

903003649_Screenshot_20210524-2057582.thumb.png.c68bb6aac0e0bf833b9e4a6efa9b22f3.png

• Like 1

The constant 12V supply is for the self park of the wiper. The middle wire that as you say is dead should be the supply to the wiper when you switch it on. 

• Like 1

Check BCM fuse 85, provides RJB R3 relay coil power.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, F0CUE said:

It's supposed to be R5 in the engine box.

Screenshot_20210524-205400.thumb.png.bbf78811f1a366fb05212f1a3f990b6e.png

Just hope it's not this.

903003649_Screenshot_20210524-2057582.thumb.png.c68bb6aac0e0bf833b9e4a6efa9b22f3.png

Thanks. The stuff online points me to fuse 42 but it's not there on mine so I don't know if it is R5 at the front or R3 at the back. Would I be right in thinking if it wasn't working then I would still get a voltage going to the relay when I switch the wiper on, but it just won't click, because it is broken?

I hope it isn't broken wires too.

17 hours ago, unofix said:

The constant 12V supply is for the self park of the wiper. The middle wire that as you say is dead should be the supply to the wiper when you switch it on. 

Thank you, so now I just need to trace back to what isn't working. It surely has to be the relay or or switch and not the motor. I wish I had a wiring diagram 🙂

6 hours ago, Dan62 said:

Check BCM fuse 85, provides RJB R3 relay coil power.

Hi

I've checked this already as part of checking why my heated seats stopped working, it also powers my camera. It seems fuse 85 does a lot 🙂

4 hours ago, Mollymoodoo said:

Thanks. The stuff online points me to fuse 42 but it's not there on mine so I don't know if it is R5 at the front or R3 at the back. Would I be right in thinking if it wasn't working then I would still get a voltage going to the relay when I switch the wiper on, but it just won't click, because it is broken?

I hope it isn't broken wires too.

Correct I hope you can track it down that would annoy me.

There are two fuses called 42 on your car. Have you looked in the right location.

One is in the engine compartment

The other is in the luggage compartment 

The attached shows both 2013 and 2014 wiring for the rear wiper.
As you have a RJB you have 2014 wiring.

What checking have you done re fuse 85? is there power to the fuse and have you connected the camera with a piggyback connector to this position?

Rear wipe.pdf

8 hours ago, unofix said:

There are two fuses called 42 on your car. Have you looked in the right location.

One is in the engine compartment

The other is in the luggage compartment 

7 hours ago, Dan62 said:

The attached shows both 2013 and 2014 wiring for the rear wiper.
As you have a RJB you have 2014 wiring.

What checking have you done re fuse 85? is there power to the fuse and have you connected the camera with a piggyback connector to this position?

Rear wipe.pdf 170.25 kB · 2 downloads

21 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Correct I hope you can track it down that would annoy me.

Thanks everyone, when I went to check fuse 85 again and it had indeed blown so thank you @Dan62 for that, it must have blown whilst I was messing with the heated seats, which will explain why my little experiment with the seats worked then stopped working and why it was fine when I had checked it but not fine now. 1 down 2 faults to go 🙂

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club