Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 fiesta alarm going off

Serene

Hi!

I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta and my alarm is going off randomly. My neighbours are far from happy already :(

It’s a horn sound with flashing lights. 

I think it’s to do with the bonnet latch being dodgy as I’ve had the ‘open bonnet’ warning’ whilst driving before.

I’ve got a new latch ordered but with it being a Saturday and not being mechanical at all I need an idea of what I can do until the issue is sorted.

Can I pull a fuse? If so what fuse? Can I disconnect the battery or is there a back up battery that will go off?

I’m leaving it unlocked at the moment but worried that it will randomly lock and go off again. 
Advise would be appreciated!

Not the correct forum but you should be able to disconnect the sensor from the lock mechanism it should be just plugged into the back of the lock. Also the mechanism may just be jammed with dirt so may not need replaced clean it up and lubricate it.

• Thanks 1

Sorry and thank you so much! I will take a look 

14 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Also the mechanism may just be jammed with dirt so may not need replaced clean it up and lubricate it.

I have just replaced the bonnet latch on my Focus due to a mechanical fault - £15 inc P&P on eBay, I'm sure a Fiesta one would be in same ball park...

• Like 1

Typical of you Stephen, spend, spend, spend !!!

You spoil that car of yours, next you'll be taking it to the car wash for a bank holiday treat 🤣

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

Typical of you Stephen, spend, spend, spend !!!

You spoil that car of yours, next you'll be taking it to the car wash for a bank holiday treat 🤣

C'mon buddy, it got washed last year - you think I'm made of money?? 😅

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club