Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.21020 & F10 maps

colinmcg71

Or, oh never mind. You don't want to know anyway but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

10 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

No worries, looks like it’s just going to be a case of waiting till Ford sort it out.

I reckon I will wait for the car to update automatically again....

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Does it update maps automatically, i thought it only updated sync 3 automatically?

No, last time maps updated to 9.0. Took a while bit by bit but it got there. 

Isn't showing anything available yet on update search.

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Hiya Col,

Just reporting back as promised.

I kicked up a fuss at Ford customer services, gave them a full detailed rundown on what had happened, missing files etc...etc.. they sent me an email with a link to a direct download of the maps software.

They said they had a few complaints from other users with the exact same problem  which I have heard is a typical Ford response.

Anyway got fed up of leaving the engine running on the driveway  especially when the engine kept doing an auto switch off( For some reason it kept re enabling itself) so went for a long drive(90 mins) and Voila....updated now to Version 10 maps.

Now I have to play cat and mouse with finding the log file as usual to upload to Ford.

So there it is mate, all sorted out now, and a Mega thanks to you for all the time and patience you took in helping.

Well done mate 🙂

cheers

Steve

Finally! Glad you’re all updated. No problem with the help either. 
The log file should be in your SyncMyRide folder. If not you can download a standalone interrogator to generate the log file. It’s in the troubleshooting drop down section of the Sync update page.

Cheers,

Col

This morning, Sync has updated to 21020 itself and has partially downloaded another file which is guess is the start of the maps.

It does take a long while although it is connected via WiFi to a 5g connection whilst on the drive.

When I get in from work, I will press the ignition and just leave this on again to progress the download hopefully. The last update took a good while doing it little by little.

If it helps any, I stop the engine when I get on the drive, open the driver door to get out and press the ignition button without starting the engine. This allows the download to continue via WiFi. Yes this times out after a while but the engine isn't running. The download also appears to carry on from where it left off according to the blue progress bar.

It does take a long while like this but I am more confident in myself this way rather than playing with USB drives. 🤣

Does anyone know if the new update is available via bluetooth or do you have to plug in to download it. I have tried to update it via my hotspot but it wants it done via a usb stick. Any ideas. 

It is either via USB or via the onboard modem in the car.

• Thanks 1

Ok. I’ll try and sort it somehow. 

On 6/3/2021 at 8:50 PM, Chainsawcharlie said:

Hiya Col,

I kicked up a fuss at Ford customer services, gave them a full detailed rundown on what had happened, missing files etc...etc.. they sent me an email with a link to a direct download of the maps software.

They said they had a few complaints from other users with the exact same problem  which I have heard is a typical Ford response.

Anyway got fed up of leaving the engine running on the driveway  especially when the engine kept doing an auto switch off( For some reason it kept re enabling itself) so went for a long drive(90 mins) and Voila....updated now to Version 10 maps.

Now I have to play cat and mouse with finding the log file as usual to upload to Ford.

So there it is mate, all sorted out now, and a Mega thanks to you for all the time and patience you took in helping.

Well done mate 🙂

cheers

Steve

HI Steve

I have the same issue you were having, could you share the location of the direct download of the software please.

Thanks

Miles

Will the sync update and f10 map update work via the built in modem if so is quicker to do that way or by the usb 

Car now says it is up to date.

Sync 21020 and f10 maps.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 8:50 PM, Chainsawcharlie said:

Hiya Col,

Well done mate 🙂

cheers

Steve

Sorry to hijack this but I have the exact same issue as you and cannot find anybody else in the Kuga forum who has the same issue. i am missing files from the download the same ones as you.

Have you got the direct download link please? I assume it will still work on a 2019 Kuga as well as it is just a map update.

Thanks

On 6/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thats good, I noticed my car vehicle settings on dash, keeps ticking the auto engine off Tick box  which is really annoying as if you leave engine running for update  the engine switches off after about 20 mins or so, meaning you need to start the upgrade all over again.

No matter what I do I can't get the log xml file after install even though I used the interrogator app.

Heres another weird one, my software shows version 3.4 sync 3 and version 10 maps, but when I scan for updates it starts to download a tar file.

Getting fed up of speaking to the have a nice day angel gatekeepers at Ford, could really do with talking to someone who knows more about cars than ironing 🙂

I’ve just had the dreaded ERRO1 code with the maps update😢

Download the f10 map update and not trying to unzip it to usb stick keeps coming up with an error I’ve formatted it to exfat as well 

On 6/1/2021 at 10:42 AM, colinmcg71 said:

That will definitely be the problem then.

The complete list should be:

Maps

1U5T-14G421-BAH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BBH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BCH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BDH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BEH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BFH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BGH.TAR.GZ

1U5T-14G421-BHH.TAR.GZ

Navigation Voice

4U5T-14G422-BAF.TAR.GZ

4U5T-14G422-BBF.TAR.GZ

4U5T-14G422-BCF.TAR.GZ

4U5T-14G422-BDF.TAR.GZ

Map License

1U5T-14G424-BK.TAR.GZ

Here is a direct link to the map license file from Ford. You will have to rename it to remove the numbers between BK and TAR.

After that you could edit the autoinstall file to include the license file. Make it item 1 in the first section of the install.

Read your other messages and can't see how to delete the point I was trying to ask

Edited by Jacquesy
No longer relevant

On 6/1/2021 at 5:27 PM, colinmcg71 said:

@Chainsawcharlie Here is the first map file (BAH) from Ford servers and this is how the correct autoinstall file should look:

312963192_2021-06-01(3).thumb.png.d004c6801093f67377a2f4158cf99df3.png

This and your previous messages have been a massive help to me also as I was experiencing a similar issue to the other person and the same files were missing. Fantastic

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

Download the f10 map update and not trying to unzip it to usb stick keeps coming up with an error I’ve formatted it to exfat as well 

I’ve downloaded it on several occasions then unzipped it no problem, can’t get past the Lic ERRO1 in the car unfortunately 

4 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

I’ve downloaded it on several occasions then unzipped it no problem, can’t get past the Lic ERRO1 in the car unfortunately 

Only other way I can think of is built in wifi in the car but that will take ages 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club