Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.21020 & F10 maps

colinmcg71

3 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

press ignition button again, and it resumes?

Yes, well kind of. The download consists of multiple files and even some of the files have more than one part. If the download is interupted at any point then it will resume from the point of the last complete file. You just want to hope that if it gets stopped for any reason that it wasn't 99% through a 2GB file.

Yes, the update simply carries on from where it left off.

The blue progress bar re-appears where it left off upon ignition press.

Obviously it works, I have updated this car twice so far using this method. 😄

Ps if it helps, when the Mrs had an older mk8 without built in modem, the dealership always updated the software and maps if there was an update available for her when she had a convenience check or service done.

This was either free or part of the service but we always asked them to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Can anyone help. 7 weeks ago, I ask my SYNC to check for updates. It started whirring around and having to keep engine going for quite a time the update installed. I was not watching all the time and somehow new files started downloading. I took photos and after a long time of starting and stopping engine I finally got completed. The new files later turned out to be maps 10.

Checking my sync I had upgraded SYNS 3.4 and got Maps 10. Great. This all done via WI FI.

Now going to Ford updates page, put in VIN and it told me I was not up to date. obviously a complete, not generated from wi Fi.to Ford Main frame. I put the interrogator S/W on a usb, did the process and 3 mins later was back on ford updates page, and used the now produced .xml file to tell ford I was up to date on the SYNC 3.4. It told me I was up to date, and lit up a window telling me my maps needed upping to M10.

I had already done this via Wi Fi, (not Knowing ). I did the usb D/L and it was then I reconised the file numbers I had photographed were associated to Maps 10.

I have Tried to run the usb D/Load over the top of my already Wi Fi downloaded, such as as to get a file to the stick to send to Ford such as to tell them completed. All I get is, detected, s/w update. and after the 2 prompts telling me what will not work and did I want to proceed, yes. S/W update line gone. I have tried leaving stick in with engine running. Still nothing.

I need a file ,like the interrogator for Sync, to load up for map completion. Should it have worked with the Wi Fi, or is there a system fault ?

Can I run the USB over the already loaded Maps 10.?

I have spoken with 3 operators at Ford, who although are polite and helpful really do not know as much as Myself. All they do is pass stuff on to a techie, and report back, for more info.

I have asked the simple question as above, and still no answers. How do I get a file.

Regards

Chris

28 minutes ago, Chris179 said:

upgraded SYNS 3.4 and got Maps 10.

Hi Chris, I guess that your Focus is a 68 plate.

STOP NOW.

Do not try any further updates at this time. There seems to be a problem with the current file updates from Ford which is killing SatNav systems dead. It was first thought it only affected 68 plates but in the last couple of weeks it now seems to be killing 19, and 69 plates.

If your system is working then leave well alone before your Sync3 system is bricked and requires a trip to the dealers and a replacment module.

Take a look at other threads on the update problems:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/112779-sync-3-maps-f9/page/59/?tab=comments#comment-890851

HI, Thanks for info.

I had a problem D/L the maps10, got 17 SYNC MY RIDE folders. Reported back, and told to use Google Chrome rather than Safari, I now only get 10 SYNC MY Ride Folders, and again no difference.

My system is working fine with the Wi Fi Download, I just need to tell them I am up to date.

Why have they not told me this info after 3 weeks of phone calls ?

Chris

Ford are using the ostrich approch and putting head in sand.

Those cars with dead natsav sytems look like they will need to have the apim module replaced (that might or might not be the case) but one thing for sure there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of cars effected.

At this moment in time I would not worry about uploading the completed log file. It might also be a good idea to turn off automatic updates until this mess is sorted out.

Hi, being new to the focus, I was told it could be updated, sync is now on 3.4 build 21020, it asked for the maps to be updated so I did loaded the usb, I’m not sure what is the latest maps and now I get an error.. but I have maps ver F10 is my system now fully up to date. The car had never updated from what I know it’s a sept 2020 reg.. anyone confirm this is now up to date cheers

Hi,

Have you been to the Ford Update site, put your VIN in the box, and sent your file up. Mine states ok now on SYNC 3.4 21020, after having to create a .xml file with interrogator s/w. but I cannot generate anything to say I have Maps 10.

5 minutes ago, Chris179 said:

Hi,

Have you been to the Ford Update site, put your VIN in the box, and sent your file up. Mine states ok now on SYNC 3.4 21020, after having to create a .xml file with interrogator s/w. but I cannot generate anything to say I have Maps 10.

Hi yes, down loaded from Ford for sync, once this was done d.l maps it looks like it’s updated just checking that 10 is the latest maps as everywhere I look it does not say. I have a photo showing this info

So If you go to the Ford Updates page and insert your VIN, does it state up to date in both the SYNC and Map data box.

If so I have D/L corrupt Data, as now advised on here. I did not generate a completion file.

Chris

5 minutes ago, Chris179 said:

So If you go to the Ford Updates page and insert your VIN, does it state up to date in both the SYNC and Map data box.

If so I have D/L corrupt Data, as now advised on here. I did not generate a completion file.

Chris

Nope just the sync is on the Ford site. it won’t recognise the maps as done but as I say it is version 10 on the system in the car ?

Hi,

Many thanks. More sense on here in 60 mins, than with Fords in a month.

If all is working ok and you complete a update via Wi Fi, should it generate these codes to Fords Main Frame, such that when you go on your Updates page, and put your VIN in it shows UPDATED.?

Chris

Sorry for the crude photos best I can add

9877C35E-1071-4B8D-9745-EF877B318105.jpeg

0E9B0B09-907E-4C8E-A840-8031E2A7154F.jpeg

HI,

Yes I get the same.

My Ford update page looks like this, although Maps 10 on Sync.

image.png.011b8077d4acec56e39cbb41d7837232.png

24 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

You're not alone there Chris, I can't get a log xml file, and according to Ford, lots of people with certain VIN codes are in the same boat.  I have been in contact with Ford UK for 2 months now

Just use the interrogator file from the troubleshooting section on the sync update page. 

HI,

Have tried that again twice. Each time it creates a .xml file, containing my VIN and the new date and time. I up load it and it states success. I am sure the interrogator s/w is just for SYNC and not Maps. What I need is one that will do the same on Maps.

Chris

1 minute ago, Chris179 said:

HI,

Have tried that again twice. Each time it creates a .xml file, containing my VIN and the new date and time. I up load it and it states success. I am sure the interrogator s/w is just for SYNC and not Maps. What I need is one that will do the same on Maps.

Chris

It works for both. Have you done the 9gb update?

Yes done via Wi FI.

States Maps 10 on Sync screen, and all working ok. Just cannot get that Ford page to realise my maps are up to date.

As you can see the maps box still tells me a 9.2 g down load is available.

Chris

Just now, Chris179 said:

Yes done via Wi FI.

States Maps 10 on Sync screen, and all working ok. Just cannot get that Ford page to realise my maps are up to date.

As you can see the maps box still tells me a 9.2 g down load is available.

Chris

If you haven’t installed the 9gb update there must be something it hasn’t done over WiFi. Probably the map voice files. 

You can check the versions in the test menu to see if you have the voice files still to update. 

Second post of this thread shows what I means. 

18 minutes ago, Chris179 said:

HI,

Yes I get the same.

My Ford update page looks like this, although Maps 10 on Sync.

image.png.011b8077d4acec56e39cbb41d7837232.png

If this is a reply to myself, my maps was a 23gb, let’s see what happens, I’m guessing we are set for 3.5 if and when

ALEXP 999.

Sorry you have lost me on the second post of the thread, help.

Chris

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Just use the interrogator file from the troubleshooting section on the sync update page. 

Thanks Alex, usually interrogator works but not for me with this update, tried many  times with fresh downloads no joy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club