Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rain sensor mounting bracket part number?

SteveHill67

Hi All. Bought a used 2019 EcoSport and found auto lights and auto wipers not working. Trouble shooted problem to rain sensor and mounting bracket missing!!! Doesn't look like it's had a new screen as there are whitness marks where some sort of bracket had been glued to the screen. More than likely 'borrowed' by the dealer to fix or upgrade another vehicle. Bought a replacement sensor and things work when I tape the sensor to the screen. Now I need a mounting bracket. Anyone have a Part Number and any clue about adhesive? Thanks in advance.

Hi Stephen, here is the Ford parts catalogue: https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/

You should be able to find the bracket listed for your model. The glue is a problem, many people have had issues when not using the original clear sticky sheet. I can only imagine that you can get a replacment sticky gasket from a Ford parts department or from a windscreen replacment company.

That’s very strange I was a windscreen technician for 11 years usually the brackets come already on the windscreen and they are usually glued on at the factory where the screen is made the only thing I can advice is that you go to your local windscreen fitting centre and ask there or have tihe windscreen replaced and your problem will be solved the glue is not cheep and trying to Aline the brackets isn’t easy also you won’t have the obscuration band in that area hope this helps 

Looks like it's had the wrong replacement windscreen fitted.

8 hours ago, Lord Ice said:

That’s very strange I was a windscreen technician for 11 years usually the brackets come already on the windscreen and they are usually glued on at the factory where the screen is made the only thing I can advice is that you go to your local windscreen fitting centre and ask there or have tihe windscreen replaced and your problem will be solved the glue is not cheep and trying to Aline the brackets isn’t easy also you won’t have the obscuration band in that area hope this helps 

Thank you. The obscuration area is there and there's faint residue where a keyhole-shaped holder had been. I'm sure it's the correct screen. Spoke to Ford today and although they initially provided me with a part number, they said they couldn't sell me the £8.22 bracket, it only came with the windscreen. This kinda goes along with your thoughts that it comes bonded with the screen. The 2nd hand sensor works when gaffa taped in place. Do you think that one of the earlier gel adhesive pads would work, or would light refract differently and confuse the sensor?

7 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Looks like it's had the wrong replacement windscreen fitted.

Doesn't look like the screen's been replaced. Has an obscured area withe the correct size aperture for the sensor. There's also faint marks left behind by an adhesive on the inside of the screen in-line with the aperture. Think someone has robbed the sensor and holder in the hopes of retro fitting a lesser spec vehicle.

18 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Stephen, here is the Ford parts catalogue: https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/

You should be able to find the bracket listed for your model. The glue is a problem, many people have had issues when not using the original clear sticky sheet. I can only imagine that you can get a replacment sticky gasket from a Ford parts department or from a windscreen replacment company.

Thanks I'll take a look. 

20 minutes ago, SteveHill67 said:

Doesn't look like the screen's been replaced. Has an obscured area withe the correct size aperture for the sensor. There's also faint marks left behind by an adhesive on the inside of the screen in-line with the aperture. Think someone has robbed the sensor and holder in the hopes of retro fitting a lesser spec vehicle.

IMG_20211015_170821.jpg

IMG_20211015_170945.jpg

Looks like the same as the BMW among others the bracket also holds the rear view minor on to the screen sensor mount as well and the jell sensor is a round shape to fit in the bracket that usually comes with the sensor to put on the windscreen did you have a replacement screen fitted or was this one you have in your car already there when you bought it I probably one some where in my garage I will have a look during this week the bracket should be glued on with what is called mirror boss glue two part one spray one adhesive this is probably on flebay 

• Thanks 1

There’s another way is to have your windscreen replaced with a new one with all the gubbings you require it would also be heated quick clear type and probably tinted also you will need a stone chip in the screen to well not saying to much I’m sure you can work that out your self 

• Thanks 1

I have just had another idea I am having my windscreen replaced soon and I will remove the bracket for the interior mirror and Possibly the rain sensor also I will let you have both of these then all you Will need is the windscreen boss glue there’s some on flebay for around a fiver hope this helps 

Edited by Lord Ice
Spelling again sorry
  • Like 2

Another question is the minor boss still attached to the windscreen as this is separate to the rain and light sensor I have just pulled off the coverings on my motor to check 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 12:14 PM, Lord Ice said:

I have just had another idea I am having my windscreen replaced soon and I will remove the bracket for the interior mirror and Possibly the rain sensor also I will let you have both of these then all you Will need is the windscreen boss glue there’s some on flebay for around a fiver hope this helps 

That's such a kind offer. Thank you. However, I think I may have fixed it. I bought a sensor on eBay taken from a scrap EcoSport. Sadly the rest of the car had since been crushed so couldn't also buy the bracket. Searched high and low without any luck and finally took a punt with one on AliExpress. Fitted the sensor like a glove. I then bought some of those rear view mirror sticky pads, made a template and carefully cut out three arches to make a ring shape. Cleaned screen with alcohol wipes and it appears to have adhered a treat. Hey presto, I now have auto headlights and auto wipers. Time will tell how long the rear view mirror pads hold out. Thanks all for your interest and the replies. 😊👍

On 10/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, Lord Ice said:

Another question is the minor boss still attached to the windscreen as this is separate to the rain and light sensor I have just pulled off the coverings on my motor to check 

Mirror boss is fine. Thanks for looking, much appreciated👍

On 11/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, SteveHill67 said:

Mirror boss is fine. Thanks for looking, much appreciated👍

Nice to hear that you managed to sort it and hope the mirror pads do the job 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club