Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good polish for vision blue

bantam_dave21

Hiya,

I'm a returning ford owner and (when the weathers better at least) want to make the best of my new bangonomics 2010 Focus and have her looking her best.

What's a good polish these days for this colour blue? I used to spend a lot of time clay barring and generally trying to get the best out of my blue car (ok it was a Chrysler sorry) and used to use I think from memory black hole by poorboys which have a really good gloss, help to cover swirls if you had them and really dispel water well. But times change and things move on so thought I'd get some current opinion...

Thanks

NO? Are there no obsessive detailers out there that like a good bit of slippy stuff - polish for their car....

The car is lacquered, not solid.

You don't need a colour specific polish.

• Like 1

I use a Banana high gloss wax wash to clean the car and also use a berry spray detailer after I've dried the car.

It's a spray on lightly and wipe off detailer. No buffing required.

Can be used on all surfaces, glass,paint,rubber,plastic. 

Have no need to polish the car afterwards.

• Like 1

Poorboys Black Hole is a glaze which is best for temporarily filling scratches and adding a high gloss finish to dark cars. 

By 10 years old, you'll struggle to use 'real' polish to make any impact on scratches by hand.  If you want to use a cutting polish then I'd advise using a machine polisher for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Poorboys Black Hole is a glaze which is best for temporarily filling scratches and adding a high gloss finish to dark cars. 

By 10 years old, you'll struggle to use 'real' polish to make any impact on scratches by hand.  If you want to use a cutting polish then I'd advise using a machine polisher for it.

Hiya - thanks everyone. Agreed, the term polish was probably poor choice in fairness.

Its pretty good for the age really, when the weather improves I'll attach it with the machine probably with Meguiars ultimate initially to not attack it too much. The poorboys question was more of a memory of what I used to use on a very dark blue car and remember the results were good if only short term on marring and swirls marks.

2 hours ago, Wino said:

I use a Banana high gloss wax wash to clean the car and also use a berry spray detailer after I've dried the car.

It's a spray on lightly and wipe off detailer. No buffing required.

Can be used on all surfaces, glass,paint,rubber,plastic. 

Have no need to polish the car afterwards.

I'll have a look for banana high gloss wash/wax and maybe see if I have any tango spray left see if that has a similar effect for detailing....

Here's the Banana Gloss and Berry Blast detailer.

You only need a cap full the Gloss per wash.

Screenshot_20220125-152447_Photos.thumb.jpg.2cf6796e023e3cd15e182e6cea4118bf.jpg

• Thanks 1

thank you good sir.... scurries off to search online 😄 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club