Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

Hi carsey,

Mine showed up there a couple of days after the projected build date.

I only had the vin a day after that build date too though.

Having a vin at all is a first good sign

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

Hi carsey,

Mine showed up there a couple of days after the projected build date.

I only had the vin a day after that build date too though.

Having a vin at all is a first good sign

Thanks mate, yeah I have a VIN just not on ETIS yet..

Dealer just told me my car has arrived ! Wooooooo 
(ordered in feb)

• Like 7

Well, I picked her up today, so its review time.

Will put a photo up when the weather / light is a bit better.

Review time from me...

B&O is superb. Tried a variety of tracks and very impressed.

155 mhev engine is great with plenty of power.

Matrix lights are really clever, and looking forward to having those in my life. Well worth optioning.

The chassis. Hmmmm. The only shame about picking it up in this weather. No chance to test it. Been driving 24 in 30 zones all night!

Will give it a go when it warms up.

Overall chuffed to bits.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Plimp92 said:

care less about whether things are splet proper.

I like what you did there Plimp 😉

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

Well, I picked her up today, so its review time.

Will put a photo up when the weather / light is a bit better.

Review time from me...

B&O is superb. Tried a variety of tracks and very impressed.

155 mhev engine is great with plenty of power.

Matrix lights are really clever, and looking forward to having those in my life. Well worth optioning.

The chassis. Hmmmm. The only shame about picking it up in this weather. No chance to test it. Been driving 24 in 30 zones all night!

Will give it a go when it warms up.

Overall chuffed to bits.

Are the matrix lights the same as the MK4 ST standard lights or are they upgraded for the MK4.5?

1 minute ago, shawty1984 said:

Are the matrix lights the same as the MK4 ST standard lights or are they upgraded for the MK4.5?

No, they are completely different. The new ones have fewer moving parts and rely mainly on the individual LEDs to create the left/right movement (when cornering) as well as the highbeam moving window when a car/object is detected. 

• Like 1

Well ours is still in Dagenham . Place your bets on whether we get it before Christmas .  Tbf think our dealer wants to get it too us as now getting daily email updates 😂

• Like 2

At the dealership this morning. Salesman says the ST Line Vignale is going back to being called just an ST Line X. Same spec . 
What that was all about I’ve no idea. 

Hi Alex.

Yeah that's for the 2023MY.

Even though mines a 2023, its still the vignale spec (old now lol)

The only single difference we can see between mine and the STL x, is those silver fins in my pic above in the front bumper are body coloured in the x.

• Like 1

Counting down to the 'delivery date' of the 17th. Got a rental car booked for christmas just in case but wouldn't mind getting that £250 back and our own car!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plimp92 said:

The only single difference we can see between mine and the STL x, is those silver fins in my pic above in the front bumper are body coloured in the x.

It looks great. Can’t see Chrome round the windows? The mk4 Vignale had them and maybe titanium x. Not on the STLX. Might be biased but for me the STLX or STL Vignale are the best looking out the range. Might sound blasphemous to ST owners lol . It’s just imo 

Todays update is still at Dagenham ! Love how target date isn’t changed   I am still not expecting ours before Christmas now .    

743FB9CA-87DD-43E2-923C-78E4AF00A375.png

• Sad 1

One question: I saw someone was mentioning something about a tray for the glove box.

I bought that map for documents, the black one with zip, but it does not really fit in the MK4.5 glove box in any way (it lays diagonally and takes almost all of the space).

My MK 3.5 it has an extra wall on top where there are some hooks and you can basically fit it there like on the ceiling of the glove box compartment.

Is there any way to do this in the MK 4.5?

Does anyone know if the factory have a Christmas shut down??

5 hours ago, Jo1980 said:

Todays update is still at Dagenham ! Love how target date isn’t changed   I am still not expecting ours before Christmas now .    

743FB9CA-87DD-43E2-923C-78E4AF00A375.png

Mine is still in Dagenham too. My dealer expects it will now be after Christmas 😢

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Carsey said:

Does anyone know if the factory have a Christmas shut down??

Definitely. I used to work for Ford (JLR now). The Summer and Christmas shutdowns were set in stone. Probably finish for Christmas on 22nd 🎅

• Like 2

@daverob is right. The 22nd is the last day according to the calendar that someone uploaded in a facebook group for the Saarlouis plant.

image.thumb.png.23da521051aa16ec6d810d01806fedc2.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, daverob said:

Definitely. I used to work for Ford (JLR now). The Summer and Christmas shutdowns were set in stone. Probably finish for Christmas on 22nd 🎅

Thought that would be the case. Cheers..

After more than six months I finally have good news regarding my order (ActiveX Estate, 155 manual, matrix, B&O, winter, family, driver packs). Good news in the meaning that my order was finally cancelled and I just got my deposit (EUR2500) back. Last thing they said 3 months ago, was that the car should be built in Q4 2022, but when I went to the dealer at the beginning of this week they got no info at all, if and when it can be expected. Really strange since I saw so many of you to finally get their cars... Nevertheless, my order have expired and they finally mentioned the option to return the deposit and cancel the order... I can say that I have counted these money as already lost, as I have bought another car.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2022 at 3:31 PM, StefanD said:

After more than six months I finally have good news regarding my order (ActiveX Estate, 155 manual, matrix, B&O, winter, family, driver packs). Good news in the meaning that my order was finally cancelled and I just got my deposit (EUR2500) back. Last thing they said 3 months ago, was that the car should be built in Q4 2022, but when I went to the dealer at the beginning of this week they got no info at all, if and when it can be expected. Really strange since I saw so many of you to finally get their cars... Nevertheless, my order have expired and they finally mentioned the option to return the deposit and cancel the order... I can say that I have counted these money as already lost, as I have bought another car.

This is most probably due to 155 engines, those with 125 received their orders let's say somehow fast, even if it's 6 months+ of waiting 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club