Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Pass Connect problems

Ritchie1972

Hello

I have some troubles with acivating my car to the Ford Pass Connect on the SYNC3.4

• I have the lastest verions of SYNC, latest version of the APP (Installed on Samsung Galaxy S20+, with Android 11)
  • I added the vehicle in the app.
  • I already did a master reset on the SYNC 3.4

But when i tap on the Ford PAss Connect icon on the SYNC 3.4 i see the the first picture below, its in dutch but i think you understand what is says.

When i tap on the first option, i get a new screen, see 2nd picture, i try to translate "The menu of the Wi-FI Hotspot cant be visible, try again later"

Do when i go back, to the first picture, and tap on the 2nd option, i see the 3rd picture

What is wrong ?

Menu FordPass Connect (Aangepast).jpg

Wifi-Hotspot (Aangepast).jpg

Connectiviteitsinstellingen (Aangepast).jpg

Sync 3.4 maybe different from the 3.3 that I have but it maybe that the cars Modem has not been enabled and this would probably need to be done by a Dealer. Either that or there are bits missing because of the Chip shortage.

With my one you need to enable Connectivity Features and Send Vehicle Data. When that is done there are two arrows and a triangle pointing to 1 O'clock in the top right hand side of the screen at all times. 

13 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Sync 3.4 maybe different from the 3.3 that I have but it maybe that the cars Modem has not been enabled and this would probably need to be done by a Dealer. Either that or there are bits missing because of the Chip shortage

I don't think this is a new car looking at the OP's profile. It looks like it is a MY 2020, that has probably recently updated to SYNC3.4

There is a lot of problems (as normal) with the Ford Pass App, so the problem may be more to do with the current discontinuation of many of the features of the app. I have been trying for a week to set one up for a friend with no luck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unofix said:

I don't think this is a new car looking at the OP's profile. It looks like it is a MY 2020, that has probably recently updated to SYNC3.4

There is a lot of problems (as normal) with the Ford Pass App, so the problem may be more to do with the current discontinuation of many of the features of the app. I have been trying for a week to set one up for a friend with no luck.

You are correct I misread things and he does have a 2020 car, not a 2022 one.

I did have problems a few months back where the arrows and triangle disappeared and my Live Traffic stopped working along with a fault code in FORScan although Ford Pass kept working. To cut a long story short after two attempts of trying the Dealer put the car back to Factory Settings and everything has worked since.

When that happened to my car pressing Connectivity Settings resulted nothing just like the OP. 

• Like 2

These are my versions from SYNC

20220613_134506_resized (Aangepast).jpg

20220613_134515_resized (Aangepast).jpg

20220613_134521_resized (Aangepast).jpg

The ESN modem serial number is missing. Which means sync can’t communicate with it. 

Ok, but how can we solve this ?

You can try using FORScan and see what DTC's are shown. Your modem may have died, or it may just need rebooted.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS connection cable: https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

Master reset of sync maybe, or pull the modem fuse so that reboots too. On my car it is Fuse 11 in the footwell.

Pull the fuse when car is starting ?  or how do i do that

The modem has permanent power connection, so it should work with the engine off. It does have it's own battery though, I don't know how long it will stay up for.

Master tech told me to pull that fuse last time I had the emergency call system malfunction error, so it must pull the power enough to reboot it I guess.

Don't know if it is relevant but I've read elsewhere that Ford have been experiencing problems on their network over the past 2 days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club