Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What will you buy instead of a Ford?

Eric Bloodaxe

27 minutes ago, Wino said:

Nowadays as we don't do many longer trips the petrol would make more sense but has the issue of kangaroo been resolved in the 1.5tsi ?

I was also going to ask if it's a 130 or 150...  Although it could even be an eTSI (MHEV) now so mapped completely differently again.

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I was also going to ask if it's a 130 or 150...  Although it could even be an eTSI (MHEV) now so mapped completely differently again.

I was under the impression that the T roc 1.5tsi was a standard 150bhp ? 

I know the Golf has both the 130 and 150.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

I was under the impression that the T roc 1.5tsi was a standard 150bhp ? 

I know the Golf has both the 130 and 150.

Possibly, I haven't checked specs for quite a while now.  :smile: 

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Possibly, I haven't checked specs for quite a while now.  :smile: 

Lol, It's addictive, almost like car ***** 😲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

When I took one for a test drive prior to purchasing the Focus it was really comfy (R line spec) 1.6 diesel though, part of me still says I should of tried the 2.0 litre version.

Nowadays as we don't do many longer trips the petrol would make more sense but has the issue of kangaroo been resolved in the 1.5tsi ?

Dunno for sure. My friend had a test drive and didn't mention it. Afaik it only arose when they upped the 1.4 to 1.5 as a way of keeping the same power while meeting ever tighter emissions (we know how keen VW are on that😀). I keep an eye on the various VW group forums and haven't seen it mentioned for a while, so maybe they've sorted it by now?

47 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes, it's a 150 in the T-Roc. Finding VW very confusing these days. 130 or 150 in the Golf and Leon, 150 in the Taigo and T-Cross but DSG only, manual or DSG in the T-Roc.

And why they won't do a manual Polo GTI when you can get one in the Golf GTI is beyond me, especially as my local dealer tells me loads of people ask about it and then trot round to Ford to look at a Fiesta ST instead.

Incidentally this will actually be the most powerful engine my friend has had (or even driven) - he's not a speed freak - so I hope he can cope with 150 raging horses!😀

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Going to have a closer look at this tomorrow and hopefully take it on a test drive and see how it compares to the our current Focus 🤔

1250252887_Screenshot_20221219-144531_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.7bec608c1e669c2889e0e061265f55b7.jpg1673470532_Screenshot_20221219-144513_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.c9ca94927e271ab54bad82e7380663af.jpg

13 minutes ago, Wino said:

Going to have a closer look at this tomorrow and hopefully take it on a test drive and see how it compares to the our current Focus 🤔

1250252887_Screenshot_20221219-144531_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.7bec608c1e669c2889e0e061265f55b7.jpg1673470532_Screenshot_20221219-144513_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.c9ca94927e271ab54bad82e7380663af.jpg

What model of Kia is that? Looks nice.

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

What model of Kia is that? Looks nice.

Kia ceed, GT line 1.5 petrol 160bhp.

• Like 1

Just now, Wino said:

That's still on my possible list too, so look forward to seeing what you think of it, David. The Hyundai i30N-line is the same mechanicals. I've driven the "full-fat" i30N (280ps - very nice but with cameras everywhere what's the point?) but not the N-Line.

I have seen reviews of the i30N-Line which suggest the ride (on 18" rims and non-adjustable suspension) can be a bit harsh. I believe the Ceed GT-Line has 17s as standard so interested to see if that's any different.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

And why they won't do a manual Polo GTI when you can get one in the Golf GTI is beyond me

Just to update this - now you can't. Tested the Polo GTI (DSG of course) recently. I was going to see about a drive in a Golf GTI while I was there but the day before a note appeared on the VW website to say the manual option was discontinued so I didn't bother.

11 minutes ago, Wino said:

With a full tank of fuel it's only 50kg lighter than my "heavy and will damage the roads and carparks" electric car. The anti electric car brigade will start on you for damaging the roads next. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, iantt said:

With a full tank of fuel it's only 50kg lighter than my "heavy and will damage the roads and carparks" electric car. 

Interesting. So is your electric unusually light for an EV or is the Ceed a bit of a porker for an ICE car?😀

And just to say, I'm still more than happy with my milk float. Updated the navigation and infotainment screen. All downloaded and installed via usb stick. No dramas unlike sync3/4. My only issue that was after install it went to kph. Couldn't find how to switch it to mph. A quick online chat( no waiting at all)  with Hyundai and was directed where to change it. Very helpful. Do ford have an online chat ? 

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting. So is your electric unusually light for an EV or is the Ceed a bit of a porker for an ICE car?😀

No idea , just going to look what a focus weight is now. 

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

With a full tank of fuel it's only 50kg lighter than my "heavy and will damage the roads and carparks" electric car. The anti electric car brigade will start on you for damaging the roads next. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

After spending near on 30 yrs in road construction, I think I've earned the right to cause a little damage ov my own 😆

Didn't realise the focus was heavier. I was going on autotrader minimum unladen weight then adding fuel weight. minimum unladen doesn't include fuel

Looking further afield, I quite like this other colour and its delivery mileage. The red one I posted earlier 8k ish on the clock but is £1500 cheaper ( ex demo).

2066347554_Screenshot_20221219-153740_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.26c7f1b6093748c73ba21087b3315182.jpg

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Didn't realise the focus was heavier. I was going on autotrader minimum unladen weight then adding fuel weight. minimum unladen doesn't include fuel

The Focus I've compared weights with I'd the same as ours  ST Line X  1.5 diesel.

Gross weights are Ceed 1820/ Focus 1910.

Now looking at the weight of my car, I'm getting various weights depending on source. Suppose it's heavier with a with a full tank of fuel!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Got the 900 page owners manual I could look through. Dump that out the car will save a kilo. 

• Haha 3

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the Ioniq has a battery of about 38kWh, whereas 50-75 KWh or more seems more the norm. Could that explain the relatively low weight?

48 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the Ioniq has a battery of about 38kWh, whereas 50-75 KWh or more seems more the norm. Could that explain the relatively low weight?

Not as lightweight as I thought. Autotrader are using the earlier 28kwh weight which is 100kg lighter. 

7 hours ago, Wino said:

I quite like this other colour and its delivery mileage. The red one I posted earlier 8k ish on the clock but is £1500 cheaper ( ex demo).

Buy the one you want!  I have never ever bought something and then thought afterwards "I wish I'd bought a cheaper one".

.... but mention the cheaper one when you're negotiating the deal, though.

8 hours ago, Wino said:

Going to have a closer look at this tomorrow and hopefully take it on a test drive

At this rate we will have to get the forum renamed the "Ex Ford Owners Club" 🤣

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, unofix said:

Seems to work the same on other makes forums, though. I've seen several posts on Hyundai forums from folk who are sick of waiting for their i20Ns and intend to switch to the Fiesta ST. Or at least that was the plan until Ford scuppered it by axing the Fiesta.😞

14 hours ago, unofix said:

So in the next few years , what  cars in the current  ford  range will still be available. Not that long ago there was, ka, b max, fiesta,focus , ecosport,  c max ,grand c max ,s max , galaxy, Mondeo. Kuga, Edge. 

But look on the bright side, there will be less threads about stop start,dpf, egr blanking,gpf, ecoboom. 

@stephenford will be driving a Renault Zoe by then. 🤣🤣🤣... Maybe not. More chance of hell freezing over, even with global warming. 😭🤣

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club