Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Kuga noise when reversing!

Graham Lancaster

I have just bought a 11 month old ford Kuga 3.700 miles,2.5T (PHEV) CTV  ST Line X, A fantastic car, BUT, why is it so noisy when put into reverse! is it a problem or is  normal ? Thank You!

If you mean the spaceship noise, that's supposed to be there to warn pedestrians your reversing as there's no engine noise to warm them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rang ford and they said was it a Plug-in hybrid, I said it was and he said that's normal, so I'm fine with that! And also, the charging cable they give you, can you just plug straight into a 13amp socket! Thank You!

On 11/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, DaveT70 said:

What do you mean by noisy? What's the noise?

As someone said below, its like a spaceship! a very strange noise!

On 11/29/2022 at 12:49 PM, iantt said:

If you mean the spaceship noise, that's supposed to be there to warn pedestrians your reversing as there's no engine noise to warm them. 

Thats what it is then! I would have never imagined that! Thank you!

Yes you can plug into a 13 amp socket. But I would check after 30 mins to see if the socket is getting warm. Old worm out sockets can get hot due to resistance, poor fitting .

If that's the case I wouldn't charge using that particular socket. Also don't use extension leads for the same reason. Your not wanting a fire to break out. 

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Also don't use extension leads for the same reason. Your not wanting a fire to break out.

Ah but !! you could charge the car and heat the house at the same time 👍

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@unofixI’ve been absent from the forums for a while and doing some serious catch up this evening.  I feel your sarcasm has really taken on new depths 😂.  I’ve been ***** myself laughing at some of your one liners over the past few months !!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 8:37 AM, Graham Lancaster said:

As someone said below, its like a spaceship! a very strange noise!

The petrol engine is Noisy and rattles, is that normal , its only done 4,000 miles? top end noise but only when its ticking over!

On 11/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, DaveT70 said:

What do you mean by noisy? What's the noise?

The petrol engine is Noisy and rattles, is that normal , its only done 4,000 miles? top end noise but only when its ticking over!

12 minutes ago, Graham Lancaster said:

11 minutes ago, Graham Lancaster said:

Wow, must be really noisy in that you've told us twice! LOL

2 hours ago, Graham Lancaster said:

The petrol engine is Noisy and rattles, is that normal

Yes they all sound like that when there's no oil in !! 🤔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club