Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet won't open

PeterBfd

As stated,pulled the level and it won't open.

Any ideas how to get it open?

Yep just read this after posting but been trying for ages with no results. Just can not feel anything to push.

The picture of the area he puts the screwdriver in actually looks differant to the grille I have. Which makes me think the set up behind is also differant as all I can feel it a flat area. It is as though the area he can get to is nit accessible to uk version.

Ok gave up trying to open the bonnet.

Took it to usual garage to see what they could do.

They managed to open the bonnet to the popping open stage by pressing bonnet and pulling the lever at the same time (which i tried to do but didn't work) but was unable to lift the bonnet.

They said that the locking part had seized.

They are getting the part from Ford and fixing it tomorrow.

Cost = £264.

He was unable to close the bonnet once popped so no car till it is fixed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2023 at 11:55 AM, PeterBfd said:

They said that the locking part had seized.

Mine was like that last year, all it needed was cleaning, a little penetrating oil (WD40), leaving for half an hour, cleaning again and some new grease applying to the moving parts and moving it by hand until the grease worked it's way in! It's now better than it was when I first tried to open it when the car was new 6 years ago! I've also used a cable oiler (use it on my motorbikes clutch cable) for the bonnet release cable back into the passenger compartment. You can now release the bonnet with a single pinky!

Not sure throwing £264 at a problem that just needs 30 minutes of TLC is money well spent! But an easy fix (just replace the part) for any garage is usually an easy dent in someone's wallet. Just my 2c worth.

I tried opening for a good few hours at home.

Even when it popped but wouldn't open, it took the garage quite a long just to get the lock part to open to release the boot. The area to work with was so small.

I agree, if I did open it I would have done the same but time was the issue as I am away this weekend.

At a cost but at least it's sorted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club