Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Train Malfunction

Mitch1897

Over the past few months I’ve been having a re occurring issue with a power train malfunction/reduce power. It mostly happens when accelerating and also can happen in any gear. What triggers it the most is when high revving (harsh acceleration) and it’s been to the garage a few times and can’t seem to find the issue. The error code is p130d:00:68 which comes under the knock sensor, the garage spoken to Ford directly and the 1Ltr Ecoboost don’t have knock sensors on them normally on the bigger engines. I’ve tried high octane fuel, EGR, GPF and CAT cleaner to help flush any build up and still problems. Also done a 3 hour round trip to help burn any carbon build up and the exhaust filter which also was full about 3 weeks ago. Has anyone else had the same issue it’s a Ford Focus 1Ltr Ecoboost 2019 with about 28500 miles on it 

• 2 weeks later...

Also to add the particulate filter - A gauge pressure is bouncing about in the minus between -97 and -240 

On 6/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, Mitch1897 said:

The error code is p130d:00:68 which comes under the knock sensor, the garage spoken to Ford directly and the 1Ltr Ecoboost don’t have knock sensors on them normally on the bigger engines. 

Who did they ask?  The 1.0 EcoBoost DOES have a knock sensor.  It's bolted roughly in the middle of the engine block, above the oil filter.

Part number 1132002.

Screenshot_20230621-1940502.thumb.png.c72b2d0c481bdb6181e12002fd9c02ec.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club