Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranger Electric Roller Shutter Problem

dlaw

My Roller shutter on my 2022 Wildtrak won't close I think I have accidentally opened it via the remote from my pocket but now it won't close the buzzer is sounding and the light is coming on when I try pressing the remote to shut and the same with the switch in the bed but the roller isn't moving at all can anyone help ? 

1 hour ago, dlaw said:

I think I have accidentally opened it via the remote from my pocket

To avoid the accidental operation of the cover with the remote it requires the open button to be pressed twice within a few seconds. It seems unlikely that would happen just having the remote in your pocket.

Have you tried the switch on the dashboard next to the light switch ?

See the full info in the owners handbook on resetting.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=8281&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2082491&ProcUid=G2082492&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

To avoid the accidental operation of the cover with the remote it requires the open button to be pressed twice within a few seconds. It seems unlikely that would happen just having the remote in your pocket.

Have you tried the switch on the dashboard next to the light switch ?

See the full info in the owners handbook on resetting.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=8281&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2082491&ProcUid=G2082492&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

Hi,

I'm not sure my remote works that way as I have activated the roller shutter multiple times while driving and the remote has been in my pocket. 

I did try the switch In the cab which I didn't actually know was there until now, but it didn't do anything at all so not sure it's enabled.

Have ran out of ideas of how to fix for now so have had to empty the back and leave it open for the night.

Fortunately your car is still under warranty 👍

The usual thing to do in this situation is to disconnect the negative battery lead. Leave it off for 20 minutes before reconnecting. The top should reset, although you will need to go through the 'Bounce Back' reset procedure.

Yeah just the inconvenience of having to have the vehicle put in to get fixed but I suppose these things happen.

Ok I will give that a go tomorrow see how I get on.

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club