Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake problem

Rondy

My 2022 Ford eco sport is giving me a message now and then. "Brakes applied. Reduced power"    It seem to pick up quickly but I'm wondering why I am getting this message. I don't have my foot on the brake at the time either.

Either a faulty brake pedal switch or a PCM glitch. 

There has been one or two other members on here with the same symptoms, though I don't remember if a solution was ever confirmed.

Thanks Tom, If it happens again I will get it seen to.

• 5 months later...
On 7/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, Rondy said:

My 2022 Ford eco sport is giving me a message now and then. "Brakes applied. Reduced power"    It seem to pick up quickly but I'm wondering why I am getting this message. I don't have my foot on the brake at the time either.

Just now, David Stewart said:

My eco sport started like that but now it’s getting to the point where it’s absolutely dangerous. When the message comes on the speed of the car drops to 4 mph. No good when your on a duel carriage and others around you  are doing 70 or more.

2 hours ago, David Stewart said:

My eco sport started like that but now it’s getting to the point where it’s absolutely dangerous. When the message comes on the speed of the car drops to 4 mph. No good when your on a duel carriage and others around you  are doing 70 or more.

Since this thread was posted, some members have now confirmed a replacement throttle pedal as the fix.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club