Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford S max 2.2 tdci 200bhp will not accelerate past 1000rpm

emanuelnistor

I have an S max 2013 2.2 PSA engine.

Have had the car 3 years with no major issues during that time - DPF was removed shortly after purchase,and changed a MAP sensor

Driving along at normal in town speed, and with no prior indication, the car lost all power, no dash warnings, noises etc.

Now the car starts up from cold, fires up perfectly first press of button, revs up like normal, and can be held at high revs for 30 seconds or so, or driven approx 400m.

Then it loses all power again, revs fall to 1k rpm and will not increase, it will sit and idle sounding perfect, but any attempt to accelerate it simply stutters and fluctuates around 1k rpm. It will happily sit idling for as long as I want, shows no sign of cutting out, but simply will not accelerate.

Once turned off, the car will NOT restart again, pressing the button everything lights up on dash as normal, but the starter doesn't try to engage, nothing.

Left for 40 minutes to an hour, the car will fire up perfectly, and then follow the same pattern as above.

No error codes coming up either to narrow the path

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. 

Coming up with an update and the way i fixed the problem.

I had my dpf gutted in the past and been to a so called tuner to do remap. He hasnt done a very good job and the worst part he has hidden all errors that would involve exhaust gas temperatures.

Long story short. The 4th exhaust temp sensor (last one after dpf)  failed and would put the car in limp mode...but as i specified above. So ecu kicks in with the protection but would not show the error code saying the sensor failed as its been hidden previously by the tuner.....so i did written the original file back on the car...found the error code saying sensor failed. Changed the sensor and now the car revs normally amd drives normally. I then went to a proper tuner to have a profesional remap and happy days. (Also to specify...the remap i had done first would show dpf load and dpf soot 30% raising...which should be 0% with a proper dpf of remap...which turns the fisrst one was a failed remap...so be aware if you choose to gut your dpf ..make sure you do a remap with profeasionals.

Hope this will help other fellow Forders 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club