Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 problem

mrmike

I'm a brand-new member. I just joined to try and get some help with a sync 3 problem. My wife has a '20 Ecosport Titanium with 16,000 miles. Several months ago, the Sync screen would go black when driving.  After sitting it would be normal for a while but do the same thing again. I took it to the dealer in March and after several days they replaced the ACM. This lasted for several months, and now it's doing it again.  Her vehicle has sync version 3.4.21194. The Ford owners site tells me that version 3.4.22200 is an available update. Does anyone on this forum have this update installed on their Ecosport? Will installing this new update eliminate my problems?

1 hour ago, mrmike said:

The Ford owners site tells me that version 3.4.22200 is an available update. Does anyone on this forum have this update installed on their Ecosport? Will installing this new update eliminate my problems?

I ran 3.4 on my 2017 Focus but I got it from Cyanlabs, no issues

1 hour ago, mrmike said:

Will installing this new update eliminate my problems?

Probably not, you need a firmware update on the APIM (Screen) or the APIM is faulty

Thank you for the replies. The Ford dealer replaced the ACM in March and it seemed better for several months. Now it does the same thing. (Black screen requires reset).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club