Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small Improvements to the 2020 Connect

LostinTransit

Have any of you cargo van guys ever thought about installing the rear view mirror in your van? We have and after checking out a video of another fellow installing a rear view on his transit.. we though we'd do the same.. order the part from OEMFordParts for only $36.00 USD. Removed the plastic senor housing and mounted up the new rear view mirror..

imageedit_2_6884358991.thumb.jpg.602af2738e72edfc7fef6b27d40f9598.jpg

So yes a 2020 Transit Connect Cargo or any other van will accept the factory rear view mirror. So why install a rear view when one can't see out the back of the van?.. there's a method to our madness and you'll find out why we did this very soon.

Plus today I removed the custom built spare tire bracket cause I'll run over to the shop this week and have them weld up the two main lug studs in this bracket. So have asked how I mounted this inside the van. Mainly interested in what area of the plastic molding was cut away.

imageedit_5_6056528463.thumb.jpg.e28a584ef68ce4a88c538b9d9bcb48fa.jpg

In two weeks we're having the New EGR valve installed as well as the TRQ Performance coil packs and new NGK sparkplugs..

Up Next:

Next week we're having the EGR valve replaced by the shop and I've waiting to have this done for a few months. If you've not experienced this, the van was getting an error code P0400 which turned out to a false code. The van runs great in the morning, but later in the day, it would shutter or act as poor quality fuel. However, We've decided just to replace the Valve anyway. We're replacing the valve with another FoMoCo valve Purchased from Rockauto for less than 50.00 Bucks USD. The only reason I'm not able to do many of these small installs my self is that with bad hips, lower back I would not be able to stand bent over for long periods of time. So it's just as easy to have the shop do it.

imageedit_7_6382350185.jpg.c82738dcc836b0716bff392b08b82d01.jpg

Next, we've spoke with TRQ Parts asking if they have a set of coil packs for the van. Turns out TRQ's coil packs are rated for the Focus, Connect and other Ford cars and Trucks which run either the 2.0L or the 2.5L engines. I mean I could have replaced the factory coil packs with the same ole dark grey or black color packs. Instead we've opted for the red head coil packs. TRQ's site lists several other colors to suit your needs.

imageedit_2_5037805280.thumb.jpg.733946c218a57d30a522b743f2bff73a.jpg

Along with the coil packs, TRQ suggest that we change out the sparkplugs also. So went to Rockauto and got a set of the NGK plugs as these have bene doing just fine on the van since installing them 2 years ago. So why change a good thing. Just doing the switch of our 30K plugs to a new set which I've gapped to the .036 spec.

imageedit_1_9990776384.jpg.ba4b4e79e92f37d449142b342218fbff.jpg

I've just about completed the spare tire cover as the shop completed welding the M12 studs to the back of the spare tire mount. Can't wait to get the spare tire cover on the van as I've been putting off sewing this together.

What's Next?

With how Maryland roads have bene over the last 2 years.. We've bene getting a squeak in the front end. I suspect the Bilstein B6 struts along with the strut mounts are completely shot. Then it's on to installing the new rear Bilstein B6 Shocks. Then and something we're really excited about.. we've made plans to order the 28mm Hardrace sway bar and have that installed in the next few months. Till then, here's a video as offered by CJPony on how to install the front sway bar on a Ford Focus which is the same procedure on the Connect.

One thing, I've ordered a set of the 28mm poly bushings and sway bar bracket months ago so this part has bene waiting to be installed.

energy-suspension-9.5163-large-3.jpg

Here's what a lot of you have been waiting for.. Months of work cutting material and sewing it all together just to create this diamond tucked carbon fiber spare tire cover for our 2020 Transit Connect It's not easy for this old man to do this anymore..

Don't ever let anyone tell you something like this can't be done. It's been a very long time since I've worked with a sewing mechine.

Clean the engine bay today all in preparation for the new EGR valve install this Tues..

just got the hang of creating youtube shorts.. I'd rather create shorts so you all don't have to look through the suggestion videos afterward. So here's my update shorts only youtube page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFuqpk7DwO_4L8V9pr21byw

Latest topic: I just bought counterfeit NGK spark plugs from Rockauto!?!?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club