Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta mk8 Battery Change

Pally

Hi, does anyone know the dimensions of a Ford Fiesta mk8 Titanium X battery. I put my reg into both Halford and Euro Car Parts which came up with 277 x 175 x 175. I found a Bosch battery with these dimensions on Tanya batteries and so I ordered it. Gone to try to fit it to find the height is too small and the connection doesnt fit flush on the terminals. Looking into it further, Tanya Batteries says the size is 242mm in length, 175mm in width, and 190mm in height. So I hope you can appreciate my confusion. Any help would be much appreciated 

190mm tall for diesels, 175mm tall for petrols.

Thank you for the reply. So I looked under my bonnet and measured my battery. It's about 185mm tall possibly 190mm as I tried to measure it while it was sitting the compartment. Also I read others had the same problem trying to get the right spec battery and in the end went to Ford. 

11 hours ago, Pally said:

Thank you for the reply. So I looked under my bonnet and measured my battery. It's about 185mm tall possibly 190mm as I tried to measure it while it was sitting the compartment. Also I read others had the same problem trying to get the right spec battery and in the end went to Ford. 

Yes, the aftermarket batteries are 175 or 190mm, but the genuine Ford ones are slightly different.  (No idea why, would think that increases production costs.)

Be very careful measuring while it's still inside the box.  I did that on a Focus and ended up with the wrong reading as the box didn't have a flat bottom.  I don't know if the same is true of the Mk8 Fiesta.

If the battery is still original, it will have a part number on a sticker on top.  You can Google that part number to find the battery specs online to confirm the exact dimensions.

The Ford part number for my battery on the sticket is 2033186. Unfortunately found an original Ford battery on eBay but couldn't find the dimensions. Also Googled the part number but again couldn't find the dimensions. Took a chance and bought a 175mm battery. Tried to fit it and the height was too small. The connection didn't sit flush against the base of the terminal. So I can only assume it is 190mm tall. But different brands show different lengths. I am thinking since Ford decided to discontinue the Fiesta they must have stopped any further agreements with battery companies to produce OEM batteries. Hence battery companies are producing different size batteries in the hope people will purchase them and make slight mods to their battery trays. 

Hi I found the same problem when replacing my fiesta mk8 battery the original actually measured 185mm tall so I fitted a yuasa 7096 which is 190 tall just adjusted the top bracket to compensate.this also came from tayna batteries.

20 hours ago, Pally said:

The Ford part number for my battery on the sticket is 2033186.

I suspect that is not the vehicles original battery. Possibly a replacement fitted around about 2017.

The car most probably left the factory fitted with a Ford Silver-Calcium battery, finis code 1672942 (no longer available). This would have been case size T6 now commonly referred to as size D54

Dimensions of the of the original T6 are Length 278mm, Width 175mm, Height 175mm, capacity 60Ah

OK, it's official. I'm confused what model and year are we talking about ? Yesterday your profile was a Mk6 and today its a Mk8

On 5/25/2024 at 4:41 PM, Pally said:

Ford Fiesta mk8 Titanium X battery.

Unless you have both a Mk 6 and a Mk 8, it would be a good idea to update your profile to avoid confusion.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pally said:

The Ford part number for my battery on the sticket is 2033186. Unfortunately found an original Ford battery on ebay but couldn't find the dimensions. Also Googled the part number but again couldn't find the dimensions.

That battery should be 175mm tall.  Link here - Genuine Ford - Starter Battery - 2033186 - Vospers Parts

Though it seems like even the Ford dealers dimensions might be incorrect in this case. :unsure: 

14 hours ago, Pally said:

The Ford part number for my battery on the sticket is 2033186.

Looks like that is the original (or an exact replacement). My 2018 had the same part number.

IMG_20200302_105942_hdr.jpg

17 hours ago, unofix said:

I suspect that is not the vehicles original battery. Possibly a replacement fitted around about 2017.

The car most probably left the factory fitted with a Ford Silver-Calcium battery, finis code 1672942 (no longer available). This would have been case size T6 now commonly referred to as size D54

Dimensions of the of the original T6 are Length 278mm, Width 175mm, Height 175mm, capacity 60Ah

Give the differences, I’m going to bite the bullet and get Ford to replace the battery. It would be interesting to see what the part number will be if changed. I’ll let everyone know once it’s done. 

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Unless you have both a Mk 6 and a Mk 8, it would be a good idea to update your profile to avoid confusion.

Thank you for letting me know. I didn’t realise and just updated my profile. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That battery should be 175mm tall.  Link here - Genuine Ford - Starter Battery - 2033186 - Vospers Parts

Though it seems like even the Ford dealers dimensions might be incorrect in this case. :unsure: 

I think Ford measure the height differently to Varna / Bosch etc hence the problem when ordering and trying to fit it. We need need the diagram spec for the genuine Ford battery and all other batteries to match the dimensions. Without it, it’s a game of trial and error plus very expensive return postage. In my case £17!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club