Do Not Sell My Personal Information

02 Focus 1.8 Tdci Aux Belt Tensioner, Anyone Changed One???

graham16v

Hi all,

I need to change my aux belt (fan belt) and tensioner, car is an 02 Focus 1.8 TDCi estate.

I've bought the tensioner and had a look at where its mounted and the power steering pump is mounted on top of the tensioner bracket.

Has anyone changed one before? Did u have to remove the pump completely or just unbolt it and slid the tensioner out of the way?

How did u get at the bolts (its a bit tight looking in from the top of the engine bay)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

this is how it looks when off the car, it as two bolts holding it on, you will also need (8mm x 25mm bolt) for tensioning, do it from under car, these pics should help you.

post-2425-023712600 1287859302_thumb.jpg

post-2425-006221300 1287859908_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your reply alz.

My new tensioner looks completely different to the one you have pictured. It was sold to me by matching it up with my registration and when i've looked at the tensioner currently on the car it is the same as the one i have bought (luckily).

Is the one you pictured from the TDDi?

Sorry about that Graham, these should be the right ones, still change it form under the car.. just undo the pump, do this from the top,with the belt off, you have to move power steering res for room

post-2425-004670800 1287948882_thumb.jpg

post-2425-083790500 1287948452_thumb.jpg

post-2425-001469900 1287948489_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club