Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Release Catch Issues

Jujustoo

If I'd known that a failing bonnet release mechanism would cause me so much stress, I'D HAVE CHOSEN A DIFFERENT MAKE OF CAR!! The release mechanism has completely failed on my '05 plate c-max. Ford appear to have produced a seriously inferior system following which they have no satisfactory answer to fix it! Have Ford thought at all about Health & Safety and vulnerability of car users when this is quite obviously a weakness on the car? Imagine, breaking down at night(it happens) on a dark country lane but not being able to open the bonnet. PLEASE PLEASE, someone offer a sensible solution to fix this problem other than climbing underneath the car, removing the plastic sump tray, and using a piece of wire fashioned into a hook shape to force the cable to release. This problem makes me pine for the heady days of the 80's and my simple but easily accessable Morris Marina!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club