Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hids On Mk7

orcomma

103 members have voted

1. 1. Aftermarket HIDs on the road?

• Aaargh! I'm blind
    • Yaarrgh! I'm cool
    • Oiiii. You're Nicked

All I know is the ones I have are 6k 35w ones..

Stu

If they don't have the strength written on then they're treated as regular headlights

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help Kieran your a gent buddy..

Stu

• Like 1

Just changed my 6000k HIDs for 5000k ones after 2 years the ballast had reached the end of its life and the 5000k are less blue

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

had my 35w 6000k HID's on for about a year and still love them, as been said before, as long as you install them in projector housing, they work 100%, was in a Traffic stop 2 days ago and they went through every detail of the car, had no problems with the lights, unless the traffic officer is a boffin on Fiesta's I doubt they know that the vehicle doesn't come standard with HID's

I have HID's in my Titanium projector headlights (as per my profile photo). MoT is due in March, i'm debating where-ever to remove the HID's or leave them in ..?? :huh:

• Like 1

I have my MOT in 10 minutes time, leaving my HIDs in for the second time. as said before, if your lights are in projectors and do not say they are more than 2000 lumens you will be fine

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Has anyone "left" their HID kits in, prior to having the Fiesta MoT'ed?

My previous Clio have aftermarket headlights, with projector lenses. With a 6000k HID Kit installed, never failed MoT, nor was it ever mentioned on the paperwork as a advisory. Last MoT on the Clio would have been in March 2012 (before I sold it on), again which passed - no questions asked or groans about the HID's ...

I have my MOT in 10 minutes time, leaving my HIDs in for the second time. as said before, if your lights are in projectors and do not say they are more than 2000 lumens you will be fine

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Fingers crossed, she'll pass !!

• Like 1

Failed :(

Rear Nearside wheel bearing

Rear Nearside handbrake making no effort -_-

£18 later on a wheel bearing and we should he good... Retest in the morning!

• Like 1

None at all :)

They seemed to enjoy flashing high/lo against a wall though

Nice one, think I'll be leaving mine in then. Saves me faffing about...

• Like 1

Suspect it depends on the tester my daughter had 6000k HIDs and got an advisory about the colour

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

see a have a wee theory and phil named it a think the bluer the colour the mor chance it will fail me am thinking about getting HIDs but thinking a colour that isnt quite blue more white :)

Nothing mentioned Iin the guidelines regRding colour.. that's the MOT testers opinion

I've passed 2 MOT's with 6K Hids in with no self-leveling or washers. The guy when I had my fiesta mk6 with projectors thought there were cool as he hadn't seen a fiesta before with retrofitted projectors . Like Phil said I think it really does just depend on the tester.

• Like 1

guess it has to do with the tester then lol nuts!

• Like 2

Recently passed my MOT with HID 6000k on. Although blue sidelights are definitely a FAIL. lol

post-48119-0-64110900-1452685151_thumb.j

• Like 1

Update for you all, car passed its retest :) . No mention of the HIDs

Update for you all, car passed its retest :) . No mention of the HIDs

Nice one, I'll take a chance, and leave mine is - come MoT time (End of Feb!)

• Like 1

Nice one, I'll take a chance, and leave mine is - come MoT time (End of Feb!)

Free retest even if the tester was a Pratt and failed it.. so you can take them out and take it back haha

They will pass as long as the pattern is correct , obiously white and no way of visually checking the lumens.

• Like 1

Interested with this; I pulled out mine prior to its MOT in the summer because I didn't think they would be legal. But my 6000k 35W definitely have the right beam pattern against a wall, are fitted in projectors and the headlights are set on level 2, I think, so not upwards! Theoretically, the MOT guidelines are now such that they will pass? No mention of brightness on the bulbs.

If they pass, does that also mean they are legal also in the eyes of an insurer? My only concern would be an argument with insurers over them in an incident of a nighttime collision. I have dashcams front and back, but I would hate to have insurance invalidated for HIDs when it is needed!

Interested with this; I pulled out mine prior to its MOT in the summer because I didn't think they would be legal. But my 6000k 35W definitely have the right beam pattern against a wall, are fitted in projectors and the headlights are set on level 2, I think, so not upwards! Theoretically, the MOT guidelines are now such that they will pass? No mention of brightness on the bulbs.

If they pass, does that also mean they are legal also in the eyes of an insurer? My only concern would be an argument with insurers over them in an incident of a nighttime collision. I have dashcams front and back, but I would hate to have insurance invalidated for HIDs when it is needed!

Yes they will pass an MOT.

If they're declared in your policy then you're okay. if they're undeclared then you're driving with iffy insurance.. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club