Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things I Don't Have

Tato

Here in OZ we dont need folding mirrors, and park sensors arnt much use on small cars and the heated screen would never get used so thats why they are not offered as options .

When i bought my Zetec the sales guy said nothing about options, just paint and seat protection.

The Fiesta is the first car I've had with a heated windscreen (had a Sierra years ago but they weren't thought of then) and can't understand why other manufacturers don't fit them as it is such a boon in the winter. Have Ford got a patent on it or something ?

Yep, to answer your question, hence only the Ford "family", including Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin, has them.

Only thing from that list my Fiesta doesn't have is cruise control, would have loved that but as it is a second hand car I couldn't be fussy!

I can't believe the car has reverse parkign sensors though, it's the size of a shoe! They came as standard when I had a Rover 75 and they were useful on a saloon like that. But a Fiesta!!!

Wing mirrors are a nice touch, the heated front windscreen will be superb in the winter as it doesn't live in a garage.

I can't believe the car has reverse parkign sensors though, it's the size of a shoe! They came as standard when I had a Rover 75 and they were useful on a saloon like that. But a Fiesta!!!

I agree the Fiesta is a bit small to need parking sensors but it's like everything else, once you've had them (like on my previous Fiesta) you miss them.

How did we manage without heated rear screens,remote locking or even heaters ? !!!

I can imagine that the rear visibilty was quite poor on the Rover 75, beautiful shape though in my opinion.

Quite poor? rear visability wasn't even that good on the Rover 75!!!

The boot curved in so you couldn't see it full stop!!

I agree the Fiesta is a bit small to need parking sensors but it's like everything else, once you've had them (like on my previous Fiesta) you miss them.

How did we manage without heated rear screens,remote locking or even heaters ? !!!

I can imagine that the rear visibilty was quite poor on the Rover 75, beautiful shape though in my opinion.

I was also thinking about the parking sensors a while ago, but somehow now I am not that interested anymore. The car is to small and easy to park so most likely I won't install the sensors anymore. I would rather buy something else for the car and use the money in other direction ;)

Quite poor? rear visability wasn't even that good on the Rover 75!!!

The boot curved in so you couldn't see it full stop!!

That's why it was fitted with parking sensors ! :)

I'm going to miss cruise control, I had it on my BMW and the MINI's that preceded it and used it all the time. That's the one option I'm really annoyed that I couldn't get on the Zetec S. The biggest thing I shall miss from my BM is the auto dim mirror. Best thing in the world!

Re the heated windscreen, I had one on my Cooper S as part of the Viability Pack. How did MINI get away with this if they are not part of the Ford group? It was !Removed! great though.

Re the heated windscreen, I had one on my Cooper S as part of the Viability Pack. How did MINI get away with this if they are not part of the Ford group? It was !Removed! great though.

They have their own tricks :D

I'm going to miss cruise control, I had it on my BMW and the MINI's that preceded it and used it all the time. That's the one option I'm really annoyed that I couldn't get on the Zetec S. The biggest thing I shall miss from my BM is the auto dim mirror. Best thing in the world!

I assume my Titanium Fiesta has an auto dimming mirror, it must have as there's no way of manually dipping it and it must work otherwise I would have noticed. I had one on the Vauxhall I had and it wasn't tinted enough so you were still dazzled - useless.

Perhaps BMW simply pay Ford to use a heated windscreen ?

They have their own tricks :D

They certainly do, Tato. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club