Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

On the wiring diagram in post #2 have I got this correct?

post-36281-0-67278900-1349875982_thumb.p

On the switch top left wire goes to 11, top middle goes to CAN-L and top right goes to 14

Bottom left goes to 3, bottom middle goes to CAN-H and bottom right goes to 6.

"on the New version there is a button on the start page"

Hi Pree, I have several versions as I have been going through all the pages, so can you please post a link to the version you mean

Tks Stan

"on the New version there is a button on the start page"

Hi Pree, I have several versions as I have been going through all the pages, so can you please post a link to the version you mean

Tks Stan

Stan the link was posted on the last page i think 48 or maybe 47

On the wiring diagram in post #2 have I got this correct?

post-36281-0-67278900-1349875982_thumb.p

On the switch top left wire goes to 11, top middle goes to CAN-L and top right goes to 14

Bottom right goes to 3, bottom middle goes to CAN-H and bottom right goes to 6.

Heres a better picture layout i did a while ago lost in the pages

wire-1.jpg

Yes fitting it by myself , i have done it before , if i need a tradesman then i use them once , see how they do it and then in future do it myself :)

Regarding putty you don't need it , on the New version there is a button on the start page and also top right , when you click on modules page , just plug in the ELM to your PC wait for it to connect and then hit either button it will set it all up for you.

fair play mate, if you do manage to bodge it, i'm quite handy at unbodging peoples bodges.

sweet, so when i receive the modified elm cable that is kindly being loaned to me, i just plug in the elm n tick the boxes i want in modules?

I have tried to access the rapidshare link - seen the download file, which does not respond, joined rapidshare and am now lost. Do I have to purchase something to get a download?

I have tried to access the rapidshare link - seen the download file, which does not respond, joined rapidshare and am now lost. Do I have to purchase something to get a download?

you just have to click on save to computer.

so when i receive the modified elm cable that is kindly being loaned to me, i just plug in the elm n tick the boxes i want in modules?

Don't just go wild ticking box's , take a good look first , there will be things that will not work on your car.

But before you do anything , BACKUP each and EVERY page.

Hi getting cable in post today have downloaded the software and am ready to go

Can some one explane How to back up the software on the ecu And how to make the changes and set them Any advice would be welcome Thank you

Right so the modified elm cable came today.

Is it just a case of plugging the elm into the car, then plugging the usb end into the laptop, letting the drivers install, opening elm, going on the modules page, backing up my current configuration then ticking the new boxes I want to activate then clicking write?

Then how do i safely remove the cable from the car?

Just close the program and unplug the usb first.

Right mate tried to do this earlier but the english elm appears to be different to the one featured at the start of the guide n looks like this:

el1.jpg

So theres no online or offline button or a place to enter the vin, can only click 'open port'

Theres no option to set port as com1, can only set it as com6. I click com6 n open the port to get this:

el2.jpg

If I click read next to the vin I just get this error message:

ELM327.jpg

If i click obd scan I get this:

ELM327-2.jpg

I've tried flicking the switch to a different position but it's still the same.

Is there anything I need to do to configure the english elm?

Also to install the drivers for the elm cable on windows 7 I found them here:

http://www.fiatforum.com/leisure-lounge/269833-elm327-cable-drivers.html

First you are using an old version of ELMconfig. The newest available version is ELMConfig 0.1.2.1b. I think this has nothing to do with your problem but it is always better to use the newest version which has less bugs and more options then the older versions of the program.

Why do you want to change the COM port number to COM 1 ? Elmconfig works with every COM port number below 10. You don't have to change the COM port number for ELMconfig to work. If you want to change the COM port number this must be done in the Control Panel of Windows (7). You can't change the number in the login screen of ELMconfig.

If you can select the currently used COM port of the ELM327 interface in the login screen of ELMconfig this means that the ELM327 is correctly installed. Otherwise the COM port isn't showed at all in the login screen and you can only select Offline.

If you can select the COM, login to ELMconfig and get a CAN ERROR it is most likely a problem with the ELM327 interface or the wiring/switch. Have you tried the ELM327 interface before is was modified ? Have you tried other programs for the ELM327 ? If this problem occurs in all programs it is definately a problem with the ELM327 interface.

For the ELM327 drivers it is always best to use the drivers which are supplied with the interface. I have several ELM327 interfaces which look all the same at the outside but at the inside they are different. They also use different drivers.

I think the problem brigante is having is down to the set speed of the COM port that the ELM327 is connected to.

Needs to be set to a faster bit rate in the control panel.

The Elm327 he has works perfectly fine, I give him a loan of it and used it on my mk2.5 no problem on both hi and low can speed.

There's that many different links to Elm floating around this thread it's hard to know which one to download, plus there's 50 pages to read back through to find all the different elm links.

Was only mentioning about com1 as it was the port originally mentioned in the guide, was just saying that the only option I get is com6 so wasn't sure if this was right or not.

As Lenny said, it is his Elm interface so I know it works perfectly fine. Will try a higher bit rate.

Will try a higher bit rate.

bit rate needs to be set to 38400

bit rate needs to be set to 38400

in that case that's what i had it on mate

Port 6 will be fine , the can error means you would have had the switch in the GEM position. Just try again . does not matter which version of program you use the version you have works perfectly fine.

The guide at the start was done for ELM-FF2 originally , many things have changed over the 50 pages.

the link for the new version of ELMConfig has been posted on the previous two pages.

So is this the latest elm?

I know a lots changed between the 50pages lol that's why it's hard to keep up. If I've downloaded elm, the dll pack to get it working to show the screen i've pasted in my comments. Should it be working now or is there anything I've missed to configure it or anything?

It's should be working now. you had the program working , so i think you just got the can error from switch in wrong position.

so when I've plugged the cable into my car n into the laptop, i open the software, click open port, then do i click 'read' next to the vin n go from there?

Yes , remembering to save file on every page you use

nice one mate. i'll run out n have a go in a bit.

Anyone got any idea why I can't connect a modded bluetooth device to elmconfig. I always get a 8020 connection error :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club