Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Puma 1.7 2001 Red Key!

SeanG

Wonder if anyone can help...

I have a Ford Puma 1.7 2001 model. It does have central locking but went I purchased the card the guy said he did not have the red key, only the black key. I thought fare enough.. I am getting the car for next to nothing anyway.

I don't have the Red key as the guy lost it. I would like to know if it is possible to get a replacement red key and a central locking key too? I heard though this can cost up to £400 from Ford themselves... any cheaper way of me doing this?

Cheers,

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The pumas in your year and onwards did not have a red key. It would have come with a coded key which is black with a coloured dot on it an emergency key that can not be coded (it is a small key known as a purse key) and your main remote central locking key. See PAGE 52 of your manual. two keys are needed to code a new key.

If you only have one key. you can either get the key from Ford or you can try eBay but you will have to go to Ford to get the Key programed. I don't know were you got £400 Should cost nowhere near that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club